Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 73.13

Dear Nathan,
I am finally starting to feel like my old self again. I'm not 100% there yet, but I don't have to take a nap every afternoon, and I don't feel sick all day. It could be the hormones leveling out, or it could be the beautiful weather that we've been having. Regardless, this is a good change and I like it!

I am starting to show a little bit. It seems like last Friday, overnight, a belly just suddenly appeared.

Today we went to go in for a visit with the midwife. She mentioned how well behaved and cute you were. You just sat there and watched, waiting patiently for us to finish. We were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time today. You perked up when you heard the quick thumps. It must sound very familiar to you since not too long ago, you were in the same situation. I talked with the midwife to clear up any guilt that I've had with eating sugar. She told me that as long as I'm not gaining an excessive amount of weight, and not eating too much sugar, I can indulge in an ice cream or slice of cake once in awhile. Whew. That's a relief.

Right now, the little gummy bear is cradled more on the left side of the womb. The midwife could already hear the little one kick, move around, and hiccup. Wow.

In 4 more weeks we'll have our next appointment and pretty soon afterwards, we'll have the 20 week ultrasound to check if everything is alright and we can see if the baby is a boy or a girl. I still haven't decided if we should find out this time. Well, we have a lot of time to decide.

Since we've been going outside a lot lately, we've gone exploring in the woods, disc golfing at the park, and playing at the play ground. You must have seen older kids play with sticks, because when you find one, you start thrashing it around like a sword, or you draw in the mulch with it. For the most part, you are pretty careful with it, but sometimes I get smacked in the face or the leg when I'm not paying attention.

You are starting to become a little daredevil. There is nothing too tall for you to try to climb, there is no slide too tall for you to slide down on your belly with. When you come down the stairs, you no longer slide down on your belly. The only way that you will come down is on your bottom. It's a lot less efficient and a bit more dangerous, but you refuse to come down any other way.

Last Thursday, we went back to the inflatable playground. You were not a big fan of the place. I think the loud fans were scary to you this time. All you wanted to do was sit at the tables and eat. You must have had a growth spurt or something because that day, you ate alot!

On Friday, we went to story time at the library. We even saw your cousin Hazel there. You enjoyed it a lot. We will probably be making weekly trips now.

New signs this week include "book," "draw" and "pee-pee." Yesterday and today, you've been signing pee-pee to me when we are around a toilet. You keep signing it until I take you and when we are at the toilet, you go number 1. Our sign for "pee-pee" is a pat on top of the head. I figured it's a lot easier than signing the letter "p" twice. Will we have you potty trained before you little brother or sister gets here? We'll have to wait and find out.

Yesterday, we went to Austin's children's museum, the Thinkery. Since the weather was warmer, I took you to the water area where you really enjoyed throwing objects into the pool and watching them make a big splash. You threw a major temper tantrum when it was time to go to another area. In fact, I have never seen you throw such a huge temper tantrum. You must have REALLY liked that. Wait until we go to the pool this summer.

Talk about splashing, you recently have started to stand up in the tub and sit down quickly into the water, causing a huge splash. You do this several times until the tub runs out of water. It's cute and funny, but daddy and myself both get pretty wet when you do this.

Oh, there's been a few days this week where you have gone several hours without drooling. You seem to have learned to suck in your spit and not let it dribble down your chin. You still forget to do this a lot, but I think the electric toothbrush technique is starting to work. Yay!

We did an experiment this week to see if Dad can tuck you into bed at night. The first night didn't go too well because he didn't follow the routine exactly. I don't blame him, there's just so many things that need to be done. After he watched us do it through the monitor, he was able to successfully tuck you into bed without any tears. I wonder if you'll do the same for a babysitter. If so, mommy and daddy can go out on a date night :)

We had another baby party this past weekend. Not as many babies showed up, but the 4 of you had lots of fun playing and singing songs with the host dad. Here are a few pictures.



Besides these pictures, I really haven't taken much this week at all. This mamarazzi is slacking off! We can't let that happen! I will do better this upcoming week.

Until then,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment