Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sleep Training: Day 6

Tonight, I decided to mix things up a bit. My friend who is also sleep training her baby decided to try to put her baby to sleep a bit earlier. Hannah always seem to be a bit over tired by the time I give her a bath, so I decided to try to put get her to sleep closer to 7. After going through the routine, I put her in her crib and she flipped her head a few times and fell asleep. No tears, it was 7:01.

I decided to give Steve a night off from Nathan bath duty, so around 7:30 I started bathtime with Nathan. Around 7:40, Hannah woke up crying. I'm thinking we were too loud in the bath tub since the bathroom is right next to Hannah's room. Steve went in to pat Hannah, but she continued to cry, so I went in and fed her some more milk. She fell asleep while nursing so I just put her back into her crib and walked out. This was around 8:00. At 8:15 Hannah got up again, so I went upstairs, picked her up, sang the lullaby, kissed her goodnight, and put her back in the crib. She cried for 10 minutes and then fell asleep.

Every morning, Hannah wakes up at 6:50. I end up pulling her into bed with me and we will doze off until about 7:30, when we wake up to start the day. If she could just sleep a bit longer, even if it's until 7:00, that would be great. Some sleep experts say that putting a baby to sleep earlier may help them sleep later.  Of course, I'll give it a few days, but let's see if this will work for Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment