Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sleep Training: Day 5

Tonight, I went through the normal routine, but instead I rocked her until she put her head down on my shoulders (as opposed to alert and looking around with eyes wide open). Then I said "goodnight, I love you" and put her in her crib. 8:01. She fussed on and off for about 3 minutes and became quiet. When I checked the monitor, she was asleep.

I'd say she is able to self soothe now. I'll keep posting the progress for a day or two, but if things continue like it did tonight, I'd say we are finished with sleep training!

If she is able to soothe herself back to sleep when she wakes at night, that's all I care about. Once she can do this, I will wait about 5-10 minutes before going in to feed her.

Yay [happy dance]!

No comments:

Post a Comment