Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 35...and the nesting begins!

As I stare at this giant pile of paper goods, I think to myself, nesting behavior has begun!
(In the defense of my sanity, they were on sale.)

I don't think my nesting instinct has hit full force, but I'm starting to notice little things around the house that I need to do. Today I "dusted" the house with pledge, and tomorrow, I think I will clear out the cobwebs that have formed in the dark corners over the years.

I've also noticed a huge collection of bugs on our window sill in the garage, but I'm not sure if I'm brave or crazy enough to tackle that just yet.

As far as pregnancy feelings go, I'm still feeling pretty good, although I'm finding my Zumba moves to be a bit lackluster in nature. I simply just can't conjure the energy to roll my wrist or swing my hips like I used to. Sleep is getting a bit worse because I'm waking up more often to go to the bathroom. The worst thing about it is that the moment after I empty my bladder and start groping my way back to bed, I feel the urge to urinate once more. I go back, and one drop comes out. It's really just annoying.


My belly is getting bigger. I have a feeling that it may get a little bit bigger, but not much more. According to the pregnancy app that I have on my phone, baby should still be growing, but my amniotic sac is shrinking. (Perhaps this is why I'm running to the bathroom so often during the night). So the give and take should leave my belly about the same size. I haven't posted a bare belly picture yet, so I decided to take a picture of the bump before I went to the pool today. Considering that I one of the most modest people that I know, this will probably be the only time in my life where I post a picture of me in my bathing suit on the internet.


We just got our shipment of cloth diapering supplies in today. I'm going to work on washing everything this weekend. I'm glad that I ordered different brands of everything. This way I can see which products I like and order more for when our Honey Bun gets a bit bigger.

We also finished packing our stuff for the birthing center. Now, before I tell you the funny part, I have to preface it with the fact that the birthing center gave us a checklist of things to bring, like baby clothes, diapers, caps, socks, underwear, comfortable birthing clothes, etc. So Steve actually decided to jump on the gun and started this process last week. He put some baby clothes, 2 pairs of his underwear, his swimming trunks and an outfit into the suitcase. I made fun of him because I'm pretty sure that they were thinking about clothes for me. I know, some of you may be thinking, well, Steve will be there for a few days and will need those items, but we won't be there for too long. They pretty much kick you out after 6-8 hours after giving birth. In the end, Steve's stuff is still in the suitcase. Who knows, maybe he will end up needing them after all.

Now that I've embarrassed Steve, I'll embarrass myself a bit. So according to Steve, I have been acting a bit irrational lately. For example, when he packed the baby clothes in the suitcase, he just threw them in there. My crazy self thought, I can't believe he just threw the clean clothes into that suitcase without at least wiping down the inside. Who knows what type of germs are in there. In hindsight, I was being way too protective. I'm thankful that Steve did not call me out that moment when I said something to him about wiping down the suitcase. It takes a really good man to wait for a good moment to say, "Honey, I love you, but [that] was just ridiculous."

As the birth date gets closer, the thought of labor and the pain that comes with it is starting to worry me a bit more. Previously, I felt that I would be strong enough to handle it, but doubt is starting to creep in. I will definitely be counting on God for strength and endurance through this experience. I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates! Would love for you to do a post on cloth diapering after you've tried it for awhile. We use cloth also, though we're more lax with it the second time around. Always curious to see what brands other people fall in love with, and love to hear that so many people are doing cloth now! I did love disposable newborn dipes though for the first week or two - the early poops are terrible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete