Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 37...Officially At Term

So, this honey bun could come out of the oven any day now and have a good chance of surviving. Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good, the only difference is that I feel like I'm waddling more, my Zumba is progressively getting even more spaz-like and I'm craving unhealthy food all of a sudden. All I want is some fried chicken and hot wings!

I don't feel like I'm much bigger than I was last week, but I feel a bit more cramped as my mobility is definitely more limited. I'm pretty much ready to meet this baby already! Here's a picture that I took today. 

I guess my bump is a bit smaller than average because everywhere I go, people still ask me how many months I have left. When I respond with 3-4 weeks, they seem surprised. As my due date quickly approaches, all the books and articles that I've read indicate that at this point, I should've gained all the weight that I should've gained (if not start to lose a pound or two). I've only gained about 21 pounds this pregnancy and I'm hoping to maintain (not lose) any weight until the due date. So, maybe I will give in to my fried food cravings.

Either earlier this week, or over the weekend, I went ahead and made 2 covers for our smaller than average changing pad. I don't think I could find a cover that would fit our changing pad so I looked up a tutorial and made my own. It was actually very easy and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Here are a few pictures:
View from the side

Elastic Bottom. This was the first time that I've ever worked with elastic. Surprisingly simple.













With the cooler weather and extra time on my hands, I've been spending more time in the kitchen. This week I've made my red white and blue (cranberry, blueberry and white chocolate) oatmeal cookies, beer bread (which kind of failed), a batch of butternut squash ice cream, and dinner for the week along with several meals to freeze for post-pregnancy meals. I am so thankful that I have been able to go through the "tougher" parts of pregnancy without having to work. In fact, I've been the most relaxed that I have ever been in my life. I know, I know, I should enjoy it while it lasts.

Last night I got Steve to watch the movie, What to Expect When You're Expecting. I guess the bad reviews on Netflix lowered my expectations because I ended up liking the movie and Steve liked it too. There were a few key side characters that just made the most hilarious comments that left my cheeks and ab muscles sore. Chris Rock and the co-worker of  Elizabeth Bank's character were by far my favorites.

Throughout the movie I actually had a difficult time figuring out which woman I could relate to the most. I could see a part of my eccentric pregnant self in each of the expecting women. But in the end, I think I can relate most to the Cameron Diaz character. I just hope I will have her strength when it comes time for delivery.

I love the idea of a daddy's group. I kind of wish more of our friends had kids so that something like that could exist, but who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment