Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Week 34

If I weren't sick, third trimester wouldn't be so bad. I think the worst part about it is the coughing at night. I'm already waking up 5-6 times a night to pee, and then on top of that, I get waken up by random bouts of coughing that seem to not want to end. I get up, drink some water and settle down. Oh, on a side note, last night, as I was hovering over the humidifier in the dark, I felt a creepy crawly on my back. Instinctively, I brushed it off with my hand as I screamed. I quickly ran towards the light switch and to my surprise, found that it was a little scorpion. (about 1.5 inches long). Thank God I did not get stung.

On to the positives. Our little Honey Bun is still fairly active. He squirms around a lot and I can see him undulate beneath my stomach. I sometimes play with him by poking his little foot and he would respond by kicking back. It's really amazing.

 This morning, I looked at the stack of books that I've read so far relating to pregnancy and it's a big stack. I'm definitely keeping up with my new years resolution of a book a month. At first, I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to make it, but these pregnancy books helped me meet my quota and then some. Recently, I've been reading up on breastfeeding. There's a lot of good information on how to do it. Part of me is thinking, how hard can it be, but I know so many people who had trouble with it and quit after a few weeks. I'm thinking about attending some La Leche League meetings. I'm starting to get a bit bored around the house, so today I made a breastfeeding cover. I got the instructions here: DIY Breastfeeding cover

 

I was so surprised at how easy and cheap it was to make. I used fabric that I already had on hand ($4.00 worth) and for the boning (extra support near the neck so I can see the action underneath), I used a part of an oatmeal container lid. I also sewed towels on the corners as pockets and as an extra absorbent material to wipe up any leaks or "spills."  Retail, they sell for $20.00+
6 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment