Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 36...One more month

It's hard to believe that in less than a month, we will be meeting the one person who will be changing our lives the most. But the weird part of it is that I think I looked more forward (was more excited) about upcoming birthdays or Christmas time as a kid than I do feel now about getting a new baby. I just kind of feel like I should be more excited.

Well, the weather has officially started to cool off (for now) and this weekend the temperature was in the 70's in the morning. This led us to be very productive. While I prepped the the fall garden, Steve took all of my classroom stuff from the garage into the attic. Then we cleaned out the garage. I even swept the disgusting window sill with all the bugs! This week I'm going to clean the patio so that we can start to enjoy a few meals and evenings sitting out back.

I'm looking at my to-do list and I think back to the time where I was telling all my teacher friends that with so much free time, I could come in and co-teach with them and do all sorts of volunteer work. But, I've been pretty busy. At the beginning of the third trimester, I was complaining of exhaustion in the afternoon, but now I seem to have as much energy as I ever had. I'm staying relatively active and don't really feel like the need for any naps these days. I guess that's a good thing.

Besides the cleaning of the house this weekend, Steve and I pulled out the camera and tripod and conducted our own pregnancy photo shoot. I've been working on editing the pictures for the past 2 days and here they are!






I'm really pleased at how these turned out. Pregnancy is an exciting time and I'm glad we now have some mementos to help us remember it.

Oh, last night, per suggestion from my friend Rashmi, I put together a playlist with relaxing music for labor. Those of you who have done this, what were your favorite songs to push to?

No comments:

Post a Comment