Friday, September 14, 2012

Week 36.5

So, I just returned from my weekly midwife visit and I have some good news to share. Found out that I am just under 2 cm dilated, my cervix is pretty much effaced (thinned out and ripe) which is a bit not like typical first births, and the baby is laying at a -1 station (he's 1 cm above the lachial spine). Based on these clues, the midwife predicts that I will have an on-time, if not early birth.

Apparently our little honey bun has already "dropped." I always felt like I would be able to feel him drop into my pelvis, but I guess he just made a slow descent.

I also got a chance to see him one last time before he's born on the ultrasound machine. We saw that his head was in the right position, we saw a strong heart beat, spine, ribs, and a little hand. He definitely looks a bit cramped up in there.

Another thing the midwife told me is that the baby is small, so she suspects that it will be a relatively easy birth. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment