Thursday, August 23, 2012

33 Weeks

Only 7 more weeks to go! This week has been a bit exciting. A few days ago, our newest niece came into the world. During that time, I got a chance to babysit her older sister and learned a lot of things about parenting.

As a side note, I currently have a cold. Luckily, I've been able to sit on my butt all day and rest, except for one day when I had to hold 4 hour-long sessions at a professional development for science teachers. The next day, I pretty much lost my voice. Other than that, chicken soup and smoothies have been my savior. In fact, today I was able to attend zumba and go to the grocery store. I think I should be in tip top shape by this weekend.

As far as symptoms go, I'm feeling a bit less tired, but lots more hot flashes. They come and go. My head just suddenly gets super hot and my face gets really flushed.

Our little honey bun is currently moving, kicking and elbowing a lot. I feel like it's probably going to peak this week and then settle down in a few days because he is now growing faster than after. Soon, he won't have much room to move around. I can't imagine how it would feel if you can't move for a few weeks.

Tomorrow, we finally get to attend our cloth diapering class. It got canceled a few weeks ago because the instructor was sick. I can't wait to see all the different options so we can start ordering some diapers before our little one comes home. I'm a bit apprehensive about using cloth diapers, but with the help of a modern high efficiency washer and dryer, I can lessen my carbon footprint in this world. I may even have a special post about cloth diapering.

No comments:

Post a Comment