Thursday, August 2, 2012

Week 30 ...10 More Weeks to Go


 Nursery Update: I've used up the last of the elephant fabric along with some styrofoam to make a window valence. I really like how it turned out, but I need to figure out another way of attaching it to the wall. I originally used some velcro sticky dots, but those were not strong enough. I'd love any suggestions.

We finally put up the floating shelves that we got from the pottery barn and have found that they don't sit flat. It's a pretty fancy system where you hang up a metal bar and then you just hang the shelf off the bar. Well, when we put the shelf on the bar, the shelf droops down, so if you put anything against the wall, it will start to slide towards you. Actually, the slope isn't that bad, but I'd like flat shelves.

Other than that, I think I like how the nursery is turning out, although, I feel it's a bit cluttered. Steve says once I clean up the trash, packaging and put up the toys, it will look better. I hope so. 

When I see people, usually the first thing they ask me is "How are you feeling?" and "Do you have any weird cravings?" I have been telling them that I feel fine, but I get tired in the afternoons and that I don't really have any cravings. Well, I recently realized that I may have cravings for papaya. I've been buying papayas every time I see a ripe one at the store. I've been freezing them and making papaya milkshakes with them, which are very yummy. However, I've always liked papaya milkshakes (It's a Taiwanese thing) so I don't know if I am craving them, or just been buying them because it's summer and papaya season.

No comments:

Post a Comment