Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Week 49

My Dear Nathan,
This week has been such an interesting week. You've started to share with me all thing things that you find really neat. It all started on a walk one morning when you were pointing at a tree. As we continued, you pointed at more trees. In fact, you pointed at every tree we passed by, and in our neighborhood, there are a lot of trees. Later, when we got home, I took you to our back yard and I asked you in chinese, "Where is a tree?" You pointed to one! You also know who Teddy is and can point to him when I ask you to.

Later this week, we took you to Ikea for the first time. There are so many cool things at Ikea, you made sure that you pointed every one of them out to us. I love how you are sharing your new discoveries with us. Also, at Ikea, you really enjoyed eating their famous meatballs. You didn't like the carrots as much, but you did like the mac and cheese a lot as well.


Despite the fact that you have another cold this week, you have been eating pretty well. You are eating meals with us and you are able to eat almost everything that we eat. You still don't like rice and anything with a tough-ish peel. You tried quiche and really liked it. Mommy's oatmeal, whole wheat, blueberry pancakes are also one of your favorites as well. Oh, and peaches, you pretty much can't get enough of them. In fact, you have learned to sign a very rudimentary "more" by shaking your arm as you point at what you want. It's not quite right, but it's getting there.

Here's a goofy picture of you with a soba noodle on your face. This is the inspiration for the theme of your first birthday party which is going to be coming up really soon. Daddy and I were trying to decide how big of a deal we wanted to make for your first birthday. Since you only have one first birthday, we decided to go all out and have a birthday party for you. As a heads up, your next few birthdays will be low key, so don't expect a huge party every year.

You are becoming very affectionate. I caught you giving your sheep doll a hug the other day. I didn't get a chance to grab the camera in time, but seeing that little snuggle almost brought tears to my eyes.
 Here's another picture of us snuggling. I love it when you tilt your head towards mine and I love it even more when you sneak me a slobbery open mouth kiss.

Pineapples are delicious, but they are not too cuddly. You found that out pretty quickly.

You are still bringing me books to read to you. I really hope this love of books continues and you become a book worm like me, and not like daddy who hasn't cracked a book since college. (He's missing out on so much!)

 You're also getting really good at pressing buttons. Here you are trying to figure out which button makes your bus sing.

This week we are starting to see some evidence of you understanding what we are saying. For example, you will shake what's in your hand when we say "shake." Or you will splash the water in the bath tub when we say "splashy splash." Sometimes you will bob your head back and forth when we do it and say "dance." I want to apologize ahead of time for your dancing ability in the future. Both your dad and I are not the best dancers. We like to dance silly, but we most definitely look cool doing it. We have fun, and that's all that matters. A good lesson to learn in life.

Another thing that I didn't really notice until the ladies at the gym pointed out is how you will stand on your tip toes when playing with things on the table. It's really cute. I've tried to capture it with a camera, but every time I grab the camera, you see it and reach for it. Oh well.

You are still doing awesome at falling asleep when you are supposed to. However, this week, you are continuing to wake up between 5:30 and 6:00. Last night, you woke up at 4:30. You must have been hungry because after you nursed for about 20 minutes, you were tired and went back to sleep until 7:00. So I guess you are back to not sleeping through the night, which is ok with me, if I don't have to wake up before 6, I don't mind waking up for a bit and going back to sleep until the sun comes up.

This Friday is our first MOPS meeting. This takes place partially during your nap time. I'm not sure how you will do, but I hope this won't mess up your schedule/mood too much. You are generally such a happy and sweet baby. I love you so much.

Tomorrow, you will get to see your friends when we try a Heartsong music class. I can't wait. I definitely write about that and all the other cool things that you will do next week. Until then, sniffles go away.

Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment