Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Being So Nifty at Week 50

Dear Nathan,
Not a day goes by lately when you don't surprise us with something amazing. For example, this morning at breakfast, I noticed that you were finished with your pancakes. I pointed to a piece and said in Chinese, "Can you feed that to mommy?" Without any further prompting, you picked that piece up and reached it towards my mouth. Daddy was super impressed. I was too.

On Thursday, we went to a free demo music class put on by Heartsong. You enjoyed it for the most part. You roamed around, met a lot of other babies and other mommies. We sang songs, danced, and you even tried to play the guitar! It was fun, but I think mommy's class is just as fun and free too. Here you are with Mason, who walked around his daddy that day for the first time. You don't have to worry about walking just yet.

On Friday, I went to my first mops meeting, and you, being a moppet got to go play with a bunch of other babies your age. The ladies who watched you said that you were a very happy baby who just played and played and played. You got a little fussy towards the end because you were tired, but you didn't cry. When I went back to pick you up, the room I walked into was a mess! Toy strewn everywhere and babies were passed out on the floor left and right. Kind of reminded me of a scene from a movie where college kids had a bit too much fun the night before. Nonetheless, it was cute. You were in a little corner, lying down next to another little girl and you were playing with her hands. Cute. We have a break this week, but next week, we'll be back. 

Last week, you started to sign "more." This week, you now shake both hands to show that you are finished. You also know how to ask for more milk. 

You are making "M" and "B" sounds this week as well. I thought I heard you say mama once, that made me so happy. We are pretty sure you know who Mommy and Daddy are. You point to the correct person about 80% of the time. You know who Teddy is for sure, you will point to him correctly about 90% of the time. 

This week you also climbed the all of the stairs all by yourself! Last week, you got nervous when the stairs stopped and there wasn't a step in front of you to pull up on, but you figured out that it's just as easy to climb that last step without pulling up with your arms.

Another cute thing that you are doing often this week is head bobbing to music. When music comes on, whether from my computer, the phone, or a toy, you will shake your head back and forth with the biggest smile. Here's a short clip:


Putting objects in larger objects is very interesting to you. Here you are playing with a ping pong ball and a plastic lid.


And it's never too early to practice for the Easter Egg Hunt!

Somethings haven't changed: You still like being read to.

You still like to put stuff in your mouth.

And you are still stinkin' cute!

Sleep is still going pretty well. You are starting to take shorter naps in the morning (around 40 minutes) and then taking super long afternoon naps. You've taken 2+ hour naps in the past few days and I just don't know what to do with myself! (Plenty, really, but it's nice). You are sleeping until about 6:30 in the morning. You wake up a bit before, but you are happily playing in your crib. I wonder what you are saying as you blab away to yourself. It's cute and awesome, because I get to sleep a bit extra. 

Teddy is still a bit nervous around you, although he is getting a bit better since you will play with him and give him food. 
 But you really have to stop pulling his hair. Once you stop doing that, I'm sure Teddy will be your best friend. He may even snuggle with you at night. 

You are a pretty determined boy. Today, I saw you do this. 

If what you wanted (the string to the shades) was further out of your reach, I'm sure you would've climbed over that couch! You have to be careful. I have to be careful! 

Yesterday, we both went to our first official Chinese class of the semester. It was a lot of fun. You got a chance to meet even more babies and play with different toys. You caused a bit of mischief during the first class, but for the second class, you were happy to play with another teacher who was observing me. Mommy was exhausted after 2 45-minute sessions of singing, dancing, and reading with enthusiasm. I think the class went really well and I look forward to next week. I'm not sure if I should bring you along, or try to get someone to watch you for those 2 hours. We'll see how your napping goes. 

Wow, what a busy week it's been! Yay for the weather getting cooler. Maybe we'll get to go outside and do more things, especially once you start walking...no pressure. 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment