Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pooping and Peeing in the Potty: Week 51

Dear Nathan,
Each day, you surprising me with new tricks. Today, you were throwing a mini fit when I put you in the car seat. You were whining and standing up in the car seat. As soon as I gave you a toy, you stopped whining and then when I asked you to sit down, you immediately bent your legs and sat down. How cool! I could see on your face that you thought it was pretty cool that you understood what I said.

Your signing is becoming more muddled. "More" and "all finished" pretty much look the same, except you lead with your right hand for "more" and you lead with your left hand for "all finished." We are going to have to work on this.

You've been waving your arms in front of your face a lot. What are you trying to tell us when you do that? I think you are trying to say "Something new," but I'm not sure. You also show the milk sign sometimes when you want to cuddle. I guess I can see that connection.

You like to climb up the stairs. You will go up full steam and will occasionally stop to look back to make sure that I'm behind you. You have tried going down the stairs by yourself, but did not successfully complete the task. I let you learn a lesson by letting you fall, but catching you after tumbling over one step. Now, you are more cautious when you are by the stairs.
 You are getting pretty good at putting things away. You can put all of your cars in the bucket. You even helped mommy empty the CSA veggies from the bottom of the stroller.


Afterwards, you had fun playing with the stroller.

You just went around and around. Occasionally, you would fall down, but you just got right back up and continued to go around. It was too funny! 

You are also pretty handy in the kitchen with the dishes. You take the dishes out of the bottom rack and hand them to mommy. I turned around for a second to put the dishes away in the cabinet and found you here. 


Since the weather is getting nicer, we'd like to take you out on more bike rides. The only problem is that you don't really like wearing your bike helmet. We decided to get you used to wearing the helmet by putting it on you for just a little bit each day. You still don't like it too much. 

Last night after dinner, we were able to take you out for a spin. You liked it when I rode fast down a hill. You tried to take your helmet off when you remembered that you had it on, but I was able to distract you by asking you "Where's the tree?" You then looked around and pointed at one. 

Now that you are sleeping pretty well. In fact, you are on a pretty regular schedule. You sleep for the most part from 8 at night to about 7 in the morning. When you wake up, you just play in your bed for sometimes as long as 45 minutes before you cry for us. It was kind of nice this week when you decided to sleep in until 8 because I was just starting to get sick and needed the extra rest. 

In the afternoon, you take 2 naps, both at least an hour. Sometimes you'll surprise me with a 2 hour nap, but most naps are about 1.5 hours. Since you are sleeping so well, you are even happier during the day and can play more independently. I love watching you play and figure things out. 


You like to push cars that are linked together around. You know that a lid fits on top of a container. You can stack 1 thing on top of another. You hold my phone up to your ear. You mimic my mouth by opening it and closing it when you see me eat something. You crack me up all the time. 

Oh, before I end this letter I want to mention that you have pooped and pee'd in the potty several times this week. I remember when your aunt momo was a baby, we would hold her over the toilet and whistle. She would then use the bathroom. I tried it with you and sure enough, the first time, you started peeing and you pooped 2 pellets. So, after I nurse you, I would hold you over the toilet, whistle, and you would pee and most of the time poop too. How cool! Apparently, this is a modification of what the Chinese do to potty train their babies. I'm going to ask your grandma to see how long we were in diapers to see if it is worth continuing. 

Next week, you'll turn 1 year old! I can't believe it. We've been through some rough times, but I am thankful that God has given us the strength to get through it all. At last, it seems like we can take a breather for now...until your little brother or sister comes along. Not that we are pregnant or anything, just saying. 

Since you like peaches and bananas so much, I'm thinking about making you a banana/peach cake. The bananas and peach will provide the sweetness, so I won't add any sugar. The frosting will be a cream cheese and avocado frosting with a little bit of powdered sugar. Since it's a special day, I'll let you feel a little bit of what it's like to have a sugar rush. 

Stay cool, little one. I love you so much! 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment