Wednesday, August 28, 2013

11 Months

Dear Nathan,
I can't believe that you are less than a month away from being one year old. I'm at a loss at whether or not to continue this blog after your first birthday. My original plan was to document your first year, but seeing that you are just now starting to do cute and cool things, I kind of want to go on. Maybe instead of weekly posts, I will make monthly posts. I'll think about it and will make a decision soon.

Well, this week has been a pretty normal week. We are back to the daily routine of wake up, gym, nap, lunch, play, nap, play, dinner, bath, bedtime. On Tuesday, you went with me to teach Chinese. You were so cute and funny that you made the other moms laugh. You wanted to play DJ and start the music for me. You went around eating and drooling everywhere. You even dragged your tupperware full of snacks to me and held it to me to show me that you wanted snacks. You did this at least twice! Wow. You are starting to become such a big boy.

At home, you will also bring a book to me and hold it up like you want me to read it. If I'm on the floor, you will even crawl over and sit on my lap. I'm glad that you like to read. Hop on Pop, Goodnight moon and Thomas the Train are your favorites right now.

You are also exploring the house even more. You can now climb up the stairs, all the way to the top, by yourself. You've even figured out to turn on light switches and flush the toilet.

Since you've been nicer to Teddy by not pulling on his hair, he is starting to be less afraid of you. Here you guys are, playing tug o' duck.

Here you are giving Teddy a treat. In fact, you are getting pretty good at following directions like press this button, wait for it, and give the treat to Teddy/Mommy. 

I tried putting shoes on you this week, to get you to practice wearing shoes since you will probably be walking soon and will need something to protect your delicate feet. Crawling was a bit difficult at first, but you eventually got the hang of it. 

We had lots of fun playing at home this week. I discovered that you like playing with water bottles, so here we are, shaking and dancing. 

The popped collar is very cute on you. 

You are also starting to point at things to show me what you want. It's kind of cool to see you try to initiate interaction. You wave "hi" at people and give people things. You also like to feed mommy and daddy your food. 

One of my favorite things to do with you is wrestle in bed. You like to chase after me and then lunge your head forward towards my stomach. I think you try to blow on my belly like I do to you. It's ticklish and makes me giggle. It seems like you enjoy making me laugh and you continue to do it. You also like it when I push you playfully onto a pile of soft pillows. Isn't it fun to fall and not get hurt?

I have noticed this week that you've been chewing on your fingers quite a bit and you've been pulling at your ears a lot too. I wonder if your first year molars are coming in. It's not affecting your sleep yet, [knock on wood] but I sure do hope that you can continue to sleep 10+ hours each night like you have been doing for the past week YAY! 

You morning naps have been 1.5 hours and your afternoon naps have lasted for about 1 hour. Let's see if we can flip that around, to make your afternoon nap the longer one. That would make things a bit easier for me. Like I said, we'll try. 

Wow. Time has gone by so quickly. You have been such a blessing in my life. I love you so much, so much that I can't even explain with words. I just feel...tingly and warm when I think about you, which is like, all the time. Next week, you'll be one week closer to being 1 year old. Until then, keep being the sweet, and affectionate boy that you are.
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment