Saturday, March 9, 2013

Just a few thoughts about being a mom.

As I was looking through old pictures of Nathan from when he was first born, I can't help but think about all of the "imperfections" that have corrected themselves over the past few months. For example, his eyes were a bit buggy, he had a super hairy back, his ear cartilage was smashed...little cosmetic things like that. It's cool to see how they just fixed themselves on their own. There simply has to be a God who has designed something so amazing in that 2 cells can become a little helpless person, and that little person will eventually transform into an adult.

Being a mom has taught me a lot about love. A part of me thinks that God created us to feel a love such as this so that we can come closer to understand his unconditional love for us.

Everyday, I see Nathan grow and learn to do new things. When I see that he can do something new, I am so proud of him. When I see him hurt, my heart simply drops and I just want to take his pain away.

Sometimes, I daydream about wearing dorky exploring cargo vests while going on adventures. I look forward to all the great memories that we will make together.

I talked to another mom the other day who actually did not enjoy staying at home with her kids when they were young. This was actually the 3rd person that I talked to who felt that way. I was a bit shocked, but who knows, maybe I'll become one of those moms once this honeymoon phase is over. I'm praying that it doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment