Thursday, January 10, 2013

We Be Rollin' Into Week 15

This used to be Steve's Mickey
He At the beginning of this week, Nathan rolled over from his tummy to his back. He did it about 4 times before he got tired of me rolling him over. Later that evening, when Steve came home from work, I wanted to show him what Nathan could do. Of course, Nathan did not perform. However, the next day, Steve was able to witness the roll first hand. 

Nathan also giggled for the first time today. We were all sitting in his room and Nathan was on the Boppy for some tummy time. He was watching Teddy do his "speak" trick. Suddenly, Nathan started to giggle each time after Teddy would speak. It was really neat, considering that Nathan usually doesn't even pay attention to Teddy. It seemed like it was the first time Nathan noticed Teddy and really watched him. I definitely look forward to hearing more giggles from the boy.

His new favorite toy
Nathan has also started to like playing with toys. I noticed that he has started to chew on his hands a lot, so  I got him a Sophie and a chon. Both toys are made out of natural rubber and are painted with food grade paint. And both of them have very cute squeaks.  So far, he likes the Sophie the best. When I first showed Nathan the toys, he wasn't very interested. (However, the toys made Teddy very excited). Today as I was making lunch, I gave Nathan the Sophie, and when I looked over towards his direction, he was definitely chomping on one of the legs. At one point, he even had a whole leg shoved into his tiny little mouth. 

As far as bottle feeding goes, he is still rejecting the bottle. It's not a big problem, bu I really hope he gets over this eventually so that date nights will be possible for mommy and daddy. 


We've been using the Wii fit to keep track of Nathan's growth. This morning, when I weighed him, he finally reached 12.1 pounds. A few more ounces and he will have doubled his birth weight. What a big boy he is. 

As far as sleep goes, I think he's finally fallen into a pattern. I tried putting him to bed around 8 earlier this week and it was nice. I really didn't know what to do with the extra alone time that I had.  I dream fed him around 10. He woke up at around 2:30, nursed, and then didn't wake up until 6:30, 7ish. 

I found that if I turned on the ghetto white noise machine (static from clock radio), I could get him to sleep an extra 45 minutes. Making our day start at a reasonable 7 am. I've been tracking his sleep and he seems to sleep about 13 hours a day. Nathan then takes a 1-2 hour nap before lunch, and then a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. I'm really enjoying this predictable sleep/nap pattern because it really allows me to be more productive. 

Nathan really enjoys book time with us. He's usually able to sit through a whole story book without fussing. Sometimes he quietly studies the pages as we read, and sometimes he tries to read along with us. One night, I stumbled upon this sweet sight. 

So the news about the flu has been flooding the news. In the past, I've gotten flu shots and end up getting the flu anyways, so recently, I have not been getting a shot. Being a teacher probably exposed my immune system to so many strains of germs that I probably got the strain that was not in the vaccine. My friend Kathleen told me that this year's vaccine matches the prevalent strain that is out right now, so I decided to get a vaccine. Well, it's been a week and I have not been able to get the shot. All of the places that I've visited are out of the vaccine. Luckily, there are still places to try, but I hope to get vaccinated soon so Nathan is better protected.   










No comments:

Post a Comment