Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Developmental Changes of Week 14

 After a delayed flight and a semi-tear filled car drive, we are glad to be home. We didn't get home until 10:30 on New Years Eve so that made a long 9 and half hour travel for our little guy. Again, the flight went well. The only difference was that he slept most of the trip. As we were getting off of the flight, so many people were like, we didn't even know you guys had a baby.

The original plan was to put Nathan in his own crib the night we got back. But since it was so late, we just put him back into the pack and play in our bedroom. Last night was his first night in the crib. He went to sleep on his own as usual, and slept a good 3.75 hours before he woke for a feeding. Afterwards, it was every 2 hours. So by 6 am this morning, I just brought him back to bed and snuggled with him until 9:30. It was nice.

For the past few months, we have been giving Nathan some of the saved up milk from my milk saver, which is about 2 oz. after his 10 pm feeding. I found that this helped him stay asleep longer. Well, in the past few days, he's been rejecting the bottle. Last week I was able to trick him by sliding the bottle in as he was latched on, but no sir, he didn't want anything to do with it. I finally had to use a medicine dropper and fed him 1 mL at a time. He took it, but it took awhile. I really hope this is a phase and that he will drink from a bottle soon.

Last night, during our final play time, I put Nathan on his exersaucer. We've been putting him on that thing for a couple of weeks, but for the first time last night, he actually reached for some of the toys that were surrounding him. He can also sit up on his own (with some modifications as shown below) and hold his head up pretty well.



I used some DVD drives to help overcome his shortness.

During our play sessions this past week, Nathan and I have been working on standing up and sitting down. He starts out laying on his back in front of me. I put my fingers in his hands and I pull my hand towards me slightly. He will bend his legs and lift his head to sit up. I then raise my arms a little bit and he straightens his legs to stand up. At that point, he is pretty much holding himself up, only holding my two fingers.
He still doesn't like tummy time (but he likes tummy time on the boppy).

As Nathan becomes more interactive, I find myself falling in love with him even more. His sweet smiles and gentle coos really makes me want to play with hiim 24/7. But I know he needs his nap times and things in the house need to be done. I really am lucky to have an opportunity to stay at home with Nathan. It's so neat to see all the new little things that is able to do each day.

Weird post pregnancy symptoms have appeared recently. 1) My hair is falling out like crazy and 2) While my arm doesn't go numb as often, I sometimes get this sharp shooting pains in my wrist when I apply pressure or lift objects with my wrist. I sure hope it's hormonal and will improve soon.  I know that the hair thing is pretty normal, although, I thought that it would occur immediately after the birth.

Today in yoga the instructor was saying some cheesy new year goal setting things during relaxation and she said something along the lines of try something new and give it 90 days because your body needs about 90 days to really learn how to do something new. I have been a mom for about 90 days. I'd say I kind of have it down, but there are still days where I get stumped. If I were to set a goal, or resolution for this new year, it would be confidence in my mothering abilities and the usual clean for 10 minutes each day.

1 comment:

  1. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot!
    حوامل

    ReplyDelete