Monday, June 18, 2012

Wall Decal Done...Kind of.


After a day of scale drawing, cutting, and pasting, I have finished this project. The project cost about $5.97 and if I ordered one on-line it would've been $100+. Caaa-ching! For the most part, I like how it turned out, but the overlapping layers of the contact paper looks kind of bad under bright light. I'm thinking of painting over the contact paper with white paint.

Or, I could go crazy and paint it a completely different color. I'm really liking the white, though. That's really all the progress that I've made so far. I do, however, have a few projects that I plan on working on in July:
  • repainting a mirror that I picked up from Goodwill for $3.99.
  • making a crib skirt, pillows, and other accessories with the yellow elephant fabric as shown above.
  • Make an elephant mobile with these cool Indian elephant ornaments that I found at World Market.
  • Make storage baskets/organizer for underneath the changing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment