Friday, June 15, 2012

Reflections from Our Walk

For the past 2 nights, I've taken a few long walks as the sun is setting. Seeing families and kids playing outside led me to think about the fun that we will have with our little boy. Last night was the first time I felt really excited about having a baby. In fact last week, when I was signing up for a registry, the lady at the counter asked me, "So, how excited are you about having a baby?!" "I hesitantly mustered up a forced, "I'm super excited." I guess inside, I knew I was supposed to be happy, but the fact that we were having a baby just hadn't hit me yet... until last night.

As far as updates go, the honey bun is still expanding. Apparently he is now the size of a grapefruit and is developing nipples. He's still kicking away and oddly kicks more during church. I think he likes music because when we stop singing, he starts kicking. So, I guess we currently have a musical soccer player.

By this point our honey bun should be able to hear outside noises. Since Steve and I would like our baby to be bilingual, I've been looking into what we can do starting in the womb to help make that happen. Some websites suggest reading to the baby and even playing some music in the foreign language...which seems kind of weird at this point, but who knows. We have about 4 months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment