Monday, October 5, 2020

Sheltering in Place is Taking It's Toll On Me

Dear Kiddos, 
I'm starting to realize that sheltering in place is not great for my physical well-being. At the beginning of the Pandemic, I hurt my shoulder somehow and 7 months later (after some massage therapy and chiropractor treatment) it's starting to get back to normal. About a month ago, all the stress that was building up in my body manifested itself in the form of Bertha, the epidermoid cyst. After dealing with that for awhile, I finally got her removed and this week we've been in the healing phases, taking it easy at home so I don't bust my stitches. And now recently, I've been feeling the same symptoms that I had when I was suffering through gestational diabetes. So, I've given in and will be going in to the doctor to get that checked out. 

The weather has been AMAZING lately so we've been braving the mosquitos and spending lots of time playing outside with our neighbors. 

New birthday presents have been nice to keep you guys busy during the time we do have to spend at home. 

But Hailey, I think you have officially given up your afternoon nap so some afternoons, cuddles from me are the only things that will help you calm down. You've basically announced that everyone in the family is "mean" or "a bad guy" and I'm the only nice one. You continue to be quite attached to me. 
While I try to involve everyone in activities, sometimes I just need to work with Nathan or Hannah. 
But I realized that if I just check in with you throughout the day, you are less of a hot mess by the end of the day. 
This past week, we had a lesson on materials that are good conductors and insulators of heat. This is the final piece of the puzzle towards finally completing our solar cooker project. 
While Nathan and Hannah were working with hot water, Hailey, you explored things that sink and float. 

On Saturday we got out for a little bit and checked out the new fortlandia exhibit at the LBJ wildflower center. The exhibits seemed more interactive this year, but there was too many people for our comfort. We quickly walked through and promised you guys that we would come back on a weekday, when there would be less people. 
For the past 2 years, I've been participating in this drawing challenge, Inktober, and this is the first year that you guys have decided to join me in drawing a little bit each day. 
I'll post a little collage of your work at the end of this month. 

Hailey, you asked your first sequence of "why" questions today. Ay yai yai! It begins! I think this stage lasted about 6 months for both Nathan and Hannah, so maybe it won't be too bad, but then again, you are the wild card, so who knows what this experience will be like. 

Until next week, 
Love, 
Mommy 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment