Monday, September 7, 2020

Alliteration (Mostly) Week

Dear Kiddos, 
It's getting so ridiculous on how quickly these days are passing by. This week has been a rainy, but cooler week, so we've had more indoor time this week. Luckily a friend dropped off a load of toys, so with that and our weekly schedule, we kept busy. 

On Tuesday, we had pajama day because you guys wanted to be comfy. 



We brought the DDR machine back out and we have been playing some for active time. 
There has been a revival in interest for Stardew Valley. Hannah, your avatar got married this week. It was big news in the house. 
Another big event that happened this week on Wednesday was the belt test. Both of you worked so hard during the promotion test and Nathan, you even commented on how it was the most challenging one yet. 

Hannah, you thought it was ok, not super challenging, but not super easy. 




For art this week, we painted giraffes. Hannah, I really liked your rainbow giraffe in particular. 
Hailey, you've been a hot mess this week. I'm just going to say...you've been...extra. 

But, a good thing that happened this week was that your Chinese story time finally started back up on Thursday. You seem to really enjoy it and have no issue with participating. 

This week, the teacher talked about a fire truck and putting out fires. Then, she asked each kid what they are afraid of. Hailey, you told her, "I'm afraid of Daddy." 
The teacher bursted into laughter after hearing it and said she totally related. I have no idea why you would be afraid of Daddy. I seriously think you really aren't afraid of him, you just don't like him to step in to replace me. Right now, everything has to be "Mommy." It's pretty exhausting for me and I find myself checking out a lot because I am literally with you from the moment you wake until the moment you sleep. 


On Friday, we were completely stuck inside all day. Hannah, you learned to tell time on an analog clock. 
You guys also announced that it was face paint Friday, so I obliged and painted unicorns on you girls. 

On Saturday, we took advantage of the overcast day to spend it outside as much as possible. In the afternoon we went to the wildflower to catch Pokemon and to stretch our legs out. 

For dinner, you guys requested sushi Saturday, so I prepared the ingredients and had you guys make your own. You all actually did a great job! 

Hailey, you didn't make these, but you completely ate all of them before I could make my first roll! 

On Sunday morning, we went to play for a bit at the school playground. Watching you guys be so happy on the swings was a happy moment for me. 
Hailey, you recently learned how to make a thumbs up. You will sometimes pause, fix your fingers, and then say "good" hao bang. At a few weeks before 3, you love mermaids, baby seals, chup chup (ketchup) and waffles. You love playing Anna when you and Hannah play Frozen and you are all about TB (TV) and will drop whatever you are doing if you hear it turn on. 
You "bu shi huan" don't like going to sleep. It's been a battle for the past few weeks getting you to go down for a nap. Half of the time, you just play for about an hour and then come out. But you've been really resistant to even going into your room for stories lately, so I decided to try the sign strategy that seemed to work for Nathan. If it's on a sign, it needs to be followed. 

So, I created a sign with the 3 activities that you can choose to do during quiet time. I let you color it in and tape it in your room. Well, in a week where I feel like I have failed you as a parent, this was a win. You were totally on board and had no complaints when I said it was time for quiet time. 
I checked in on your after 45 minutes, only to find you asleep on the floor, toys put away, just like I requested you. I really expected to find the puzzles and blocks strewn across the floor, but you did an amazing job putting all the toys away. 

Hannah, we've also discovered that you are a master at the game "Guess Who" One evening, we played like 15 games and you won every single game. And then last night you played Nathan and Daddy and won them all again. Tonight, you decided to let the boys battle it out, and I heard that you even lost a few games. But then you nonchalantly said, "It's because I went easy on you guys!" 
Well, I'm looking so forward to this week because a cold front is coming in and will be dropping temps down to the 80's! Glorious! 

BTW, another glorious thing, as I'm typing this post, I have a foot mask on, feet elevated, snacking on cheetos and listening to my indie rock music that I love so much. 

Until next week, 
Love, 
Mommy 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment