Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Calm before the storm

Totally forgot to publish this on 1/24. I guess I wrote it, but forgot to click "publish." I blame lack of sleep. 

Dear Kids,
This week has been more on the uneventful side. 1.Cedar pollen is in full force and everyone except for me is allergic to it. 2. I STILL have a lingering cough from Christmas, so I'm not as excited to get out and do stuff. I'm just constantly feeling drained. 

So, we spend a lot of time indoors, doing crafts, playing with toys, and we've been doing about 45 minutes of screen time each afternoon. Nathan really likes to play Mario Kart on the Wii and Hannah really likes to watch princess movies.


 Hannah received a set of big Perler beads from her God-parents and with some help, you were able to finish a dog. We are working on having you finish things: things like games, puzzles and projects because you always quit after awhile. There have been a few times where I have convinced you to finish playing a game and you end up winning!
The weather has been pretty nice, so on some days, we drug everyone up with allergy medicine and brave the outdoors. One afternoon, we went over to a friend's house for a playdate. 
 But most afternoons we will take Teddy on a walk while Nathan and Hannah zoom around in your scooters.

Now that Hailey is a bit more responsive to people, you two are paying more attention to her. Most mornings, I will find both of you hovered around Hailey, interacting with her.

Hailey is definitely becoming more interactive these days. You are touching things with your hands (and mouth).
I love it when you create sidewalk art. Here is Nathan's famous mosquito traps again.
And Nathan's family portrait.
This is Hannah's family portrait with a rainbow.
We leave for Disney in a few days, so I'm super excited about our trip. Let's hope everyone stays healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment