Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 98.38 Little Sous Chef

Dear Nathan,
We've had a pretty steady week so far. Nothing too crazy has happened. Your vocabulary in both Chinese and English are both growing and you are still a very happy boy.

Another thing that you've started to do is ask for Elmo. You want us to talk to you in an Elmo voice during dinner, before bed, and any other time you remember during the day. It was super cute at first, but now I'm hoping that this phase will be over soon.

You really like to cook with me. Whenever I ask you, you will run to the bathroom and pull the step stool over to the kitchen counter, and with such urgency too!

This past weekend, we hosted an Iron Chef party with Daddy's friends from work. The featured ingredient was mushrooms. You helped me make a delicious mushroom cheesecake.
You helped me pour the ingredients into the bowl and hand mixed dry ingredients. When I stepped aside to wash a few dishes, it got really quiet in your corner. I looked over and this is what I found:


Cake batter makes a pretty good hair gel.

I was really proud of how well you handled yourself at the party. As guests were arriving, you were eating dinner. You just ate quietly, by yourself, and didn't fuss for attention. When you were finished, Daddy took you upstairs for a bath, I then stepped in and ready you a few stories and you were in bed around your normal time. Even with all the noise downstairs, you quietly fell asleep and didn't wake up at all.

We've gone to the pool a few times this week. I got you this squirt gun and ever since, you've been asking to go to the pool every day. You really like squirting mommy.



Your aunt Monica also came down to visit this weekend. She brought back lots of Chinese books and CD's from Taiwan for us to read. You guys had lots of fun playing together. When she left, you got sad and kept saying "MoYi," which is your rendition of MoMo A-Yi (Aunt Momo) in Chinese. Don't worry, we will get to see her soon. 

I think we have pretty much completed your little sister's room. The pom poms are up and currently we have the bed still in there. When you are ready for a big bed, you guys will trade. 

I also went ahead and put some cork and fabric inside the frame. This will be a picture or bow holder for your little sister. I also recovered the hamper with the floral fabric.
 This is what your little sister will see when she looks up. When you saw it for the first time, you got really excited and said, "Woah!"

Shades that I made a few weeks ago that go with the rest of the room.

**Quick chiropractor update, today I went in for another brief visit where he popped my spine in two spots and adjusted some round ligaments. Baby has definitely moved, but it's difficult to tell where everything is. We will find out on Friday at my next OB appointment.

For now, I'm going to take a nap. I've really needed a nap these past few days. I guess it's my body building up sleep reserves for when the little one comes.

Until next week,

Love,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment