Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Communication Sensation

Dear Nathan,
Other than a small cold, things have been relatively stable in life. You are back to eating like a 1 year old should eat. You pretty much try everything we put on your tray. Last night, you even ate brussel sprouts! You also now know how much more flavorful and juicy meat is when it is eaten off the bone. This week, I put some cut up chicken or ribs on your tray and you didn't want any of it. You kept pointing to the ones we had in our hands and wanted those. Once I handed you the chicken leg, or rib, you went to town!

You also continue to love roasted seaweed. It was one of mommy's favorite snacks as a kid, and I'm glad that you love them too. They are delicious and nutritious.

Teddy's waiting patiently for you to share.
Long days of me wondering what to do and play with you are over. With the weather being so nice lately, it seems like times just flies by when we play ball (which you now know how to point to)


 or when you get to take Teddy on a walk to the mailbox:

or just around the house so you can actually practice "pat pat" on him.

Teddy is starting to trust you more now that you are more gentle with him. Occasionally, you still give him the "squishy squishy" where you grab his fur and skin. He does not like that. He likes kisses and gentle pats.

We've also found the perfect slide at the school playground. This one is the perfect size for you and will actually stop you at the end so you don't go flying off of it. You love going down the slide over and over again. You also like to play with a steering wheel that is on the playground equipment. You get so excited when you turn the wheel and try to honk the horn. The other kids at the playground like to play with you too.

In the past few days, you've been learning to use the head shake to indicate "no." It's pretty cool how if I suggest something like "give that to me" or "lets go take a nap" you show me that you understand and don't want to do it by shaking your head, sometimes very vigorously. I finally don't feel like I'm just playing with a little doll. You've finally turned into a real boy!

Before I finish, I want to list the commands that you can follow consistently.
  • Sit down
  • Stand up
  • Lay down
  • Point to (tree, baby, banana, ball, mommy, daddy, teddy)
  • Wipe your mouth 
  • pat pat
  • squishy squishy
  • No
  • Danger
  • Go pee pee
  • Give to mommy
  • Wipe mommy's mouth
  • Say "bye-bye" or "hi"
These are the signs that you can do:
  • want
  • milk
  • water
  • more
  • done
  • eat
Oh, I also want to mention that this week, you were able to pick up a writing utensil and draw with it successfully. You even tried to put the cap back on the marker. You ended up with a pretty purple colored hand, but I thought it was cute, and harmless, so I just let you be. 

I love you so much! 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment