Friday, August 16, 2013

Grandma and Nathan

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for the wonderful week that we spent together.  I had so much fun playing with you and taking care of you.  I know you missed Mommy and Daddy when they were gone, but you were so good for me.  You are such a happy boy.  You love to learn new things. You are so precious!

The hardest part of taking care of you was getting you to eat your meat and vegetables.  So, I put some Cheerios on your tray.  You would reach for a Cheerio, open your mouth and then I would sneak in a spoonful of your delicious lunch.  It really was delicious wasn't it?

The easiest part was that it didn't take much to make you happy.  You are interested in any toy that you come across and spend quite a bit of time checking it out.  We made the rounds from room to room several times a day to check out all of the toys.  Your favorite toy is your Thomas book with the train sounds.  We looked at that book every time you needed your diaper changed and for quite a long time after the change.  You would get such a big smile on your face with every choo-choo sound or song.  You smiled so big that I could see all eight of your teeth at once.

You reached some milestones this week.  You waved bye-bye to Mommy and me as Daddy took you for your bath.  You also learned the sign for "more" when you want more to eat.  For the first time you were able to stack one block on top of the other.

You made Mommy very happy when you slept the entire night all week.  You kept to your sleep and eating schedule during the day.  This really seems to work well for you.

I am really going to miss you when I go home.  You made my week so very special.

Love,
Grandma




No comments:

Post a Comment