Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week 31: 7 Months and a few days.

It's funny how much more emotional I am with a baby around. The tone of my day is pretty much dictated by the quality of sleep I got the night before. Last week, when Nathan was waking up a billion times a night, I decided hat we were not going to have another child. But on a night, like last night, where he slept from 7:30 to 6:30 am, waking only once, I woke up wanting another child, like right now. So, I guess we have some good news on the sleeping situation.

Two Bottom Teeth
Nathan officially became an omnivore this week. We had just gotten a new grill and have been grilling every night. One night this week, after we grilled some chicken. I took some left over chicken, blended it with some chicken broth, added some rice cereal to make a chicken and rice slurry. I was a bit skeptical about how Nathan would like this non-sweet food, but he loved it. In fact he has not been so enthusiastic about eating since he first tried sweet potatoes. I also made a batch of green beans; but, that's a different story.

As far as major milestones, there's still no crawling going on. However, he is starting to lunge forward from the sitting position. He's still a bit cautious when he's sitting on the floor and has a toy that's just a bit out of reach in front of him, but if I'm laying down in front of him, he does not hesitate to lunge forward to "crawl on top of my body. He's also starting to bang things and he goes to town on ripping things apart. It's a bit scary to see the intense facial expressions as he's trying to rip a piece of bubble wrap.

The weather is starting to get warm enough to warrant a visit to the pool. (Although a freak cold front will come tomorrow and bring down the temps to the 60's burrr.) We are pretty much ready. I got a pair of swim diapers and a swim shirt. We may hit the pool up today after his nap.

I am so in love with this little guy.
Watching the TV as I set up the Wii to weigh him: 16 pounds



No comments:

Post a Comment