Monday, May 6, 2013

Finally, a schedule I can work with!

For documentation purposes, I would like to mark this momentous time period of when I am finally happy with Nathan's sleep schedule. He is sleeping for 11 hours at night, waking up only once to feed for no more than 30 minutes. During the day, he usually takes 3 naps ranging from 30 minutes to 90 minutes. Here's our daily schedule.

6:30 - 7:30 Nathan wakes up between these times every morning.
            20 minutes of nursing. Then diaper change, and get ready for the day.
8:15   We head out to the gym. I work out for an hour and Nathan stays in the kids center.

9:45  Head home. Nathan takes his first nap around this time. When he wakes up, he will be hungry and
              ready for the second nursing session of the day.

12:00 Solids for lunch which consists of 1 oz of meat/veggie/rice mixture, 1 oz of fruit, 1 oz of yogurt.

12:30 - 1:00 Usually a short nap.
       After this nap, he will nurse for the 3rd session.

3:00 -  4:30 Another nap window.
      Short nursing session #4.

5:30 Solids for dinner. Usually 1 oz meat/veggie/rice, 1 oz sweet potato/veggie, 1 oz fruit. Each mixed with a  
        little bit of yogurt.

6:45 Bath time

7:00 Nursing session #5,

7:20 Read a bedtime book, sing lullaby while swaddling baby.

7:30 In crib, usually asleep.

During the night he will wake up once. Usually at 12:30, or 3:30. Nurse for 30 minutes while half asleep and then I put him back into his crib.


I guess I am mostly following the EASY method. (Eat, Activity, Sleep, You time). With about 2 -3 hours in between naps. I found that the late afternoon nap really helps him stay happy until his bedtime at 7:30. In the past, he took one nap in the afternoon and was staying awake for about 5 hours before bedtime. By the time he was to be put down, he was waaaay over-tired and it was hard for him to fall asleep on his own.  Now, I put him down, awake, sometimes he whimpers a few minutes, wiggle around to find a comfy sleep position and then slowly drift into sleep.

Finally, I am getting the rest that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment