Friday, November 16, 2012

Trailor Food, Movie Theaters, and Sick Parents

Zilker Park Walk
Yay! We made it past the 6 weeks growth spurt and we are well on our way to week 7. This week was a tough one, although it didn't start out too tough. Steve's parents came to visit this past weekend so we had a chance to sneak out for our first date night since Nathan was born. The date night was very romantic. We had planned on trying out the new brick-and-mortar Gourdoughs (a gourmet doughnut shop on steroids) for dinner and then going to watch wreck-it-ralph. Well, the directions to the restaurant took us instead to the original Gourdoughs, which is in a trailer food park. So we braved the chilly night and shared 3 tacos from a taco stand and a mother clucker doughnut.
I don't know if it was the ambient lighting of the trailer park, or that it was just that long since we've had a date night, but I felt tingly feelings from back when we were dating. So, overall, we really enjoyed our time together, but at the end of the night, we looked forward to seeing our little honey bun again.

The next day, I felt cold all day. We went out to lunch with the parents, and when I got home, I was having chills, felt exhausted and a bit nauseous. I decided to take a quick nap. 30 minutes later, I hear the garage door open and suddenly Steve comes home. He was feeling sick too, but his symptoms were sinus pressure and drippy nose. We got everyone's temperature and I was the only one with a fever of 102.

We slept through the afternoon and I was dreading the night. How could we possibly take care of a baby when both of us are sick? And if I had the flu, it was going to be a tough week. But most importantly, how do we keep Nathan from getting sick?

There were times that night where I thought that I could not go on any longer. That I would just put him in his crib and go to sleep myself. My body was sore all over and I was exhausted. The feeling was almost worse than labor. Then, the sun came up and it all seemed a bit better. I expected to wake up sniffly, but my airwaves were still clear. I really had no symptoms, but my fever still lingered at 100 degrees. It turns out that I had the stomach virus. Perhaps it was something I ate. But I am thankful that it was just that.

This week really made me realize how different our lives have changed now that our little guy is in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment