Saturday, November 24, 2012

The meet and greets of 8 Weeks

Photo Credit: Michael Steiner
This week has been an exciting one for our little Nathan. First of all, he endured a long 6 hour car ride to Plano, and then he had a chance to meet a bunch of new friends.

The picture to the left is of my group of friends from high school. We started out as 6 band nerds, and over the years, we've lost and found loved ones, most of us got married, and a few of us have popped out some little ones. We had a get together over the Thanksgiving break and got a chance to catch up and have our little ones meet. It was truly a special event. Probably one of the highlights of my year. I hope we can do this more often. It will be neat to take the same picture over the years to see how the babies have grown (and how we have aged).

Nathan is getting to be so big! When I woke up one morning this week, I could have sworn that he had grown a bunch during the night. No big smiles yet, but more often, I am seeing little grins coming from his little mouth.

Steve and I are both better (from having colds) and we sure are glad that Nathan didn't catch any of our colds.

Also, how could I forget to mention that earlier this "week" my friends from Paredes (the school I used to teach at) came over to meet Nathan. We ended up having a potluck dinner and had a good time visiting with each other.

As far as sleeping goes, Nathan is mostly sleeping for 3 hour stretches, although he is sneaking in one four hour session each night...which is great for mommy. In a couple of days, Nathan will go in for his 2 month check up and....shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment