Sunday, October 16, 2022

2 Days Post Surgery

 Hailey is progressing so well. We just completed 2 days in the ICU and today she got stepped down from intensive care status into not as intensive (I'm sure there's a technical term for that, but I can't think of it right now.) Everyone is blown away on how quickly she is recovering and hitting her goals a day before schedule. 

I went home last night to sleep while Steve stayed at the hospital. I came back this morning with some pancakes and corn soup. 

She had some apples juice before I arrived and was able to keep it down so the nurse gave me to ok to give her anything she wants to eat. She scarfed down the pancakes quickly. 

Hailey then took a nap, got out of bed and walked around the hallways for about 5 minutes and watched a movie before the grandparents came to visit. Her general mood is: grumpy. 

She's constantly requesting ice to help with her chest pain and to keep cool. The room's AC is out, but it's not unbearable. The room is around 77 degrees, which is what we keep our house at anyways. 

We then tried to do some craft or coloring but she lost interest after the first few minutes-very unlike her, but I would probably not be in the mood if I had a constant headache. 

You can probably see that Hailey has lost a lot of tubes and connections. She still has her chest tube to draw out any fluids from her chest cavity. The only medication she is on is Tylenol and a diuretic. They are keeping an IV line in to draw blood for labs. 

Hailey is finding out about how hospital food compares to my food. 
Hospital food gets 1 star. 
My food gets 3 stars. 

So after she gets stepped down out of the ICU, it'll be another 3-ish days before she gets to go home. The doctors are guessing Tuesday, possibly Wednesday and a slim chance of going home Monday evening. 

Well, that's about it for now. No news is good news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment