Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Easter Fun

Dear Kiddos, 
There has been a lot of anticipation leading up to Easter. It seemed to come quickly this year, (maybe it's because it was earlier...) 
I wasn't going to mention anything, but one day Hannah, you asked if we could dye eggs for Easter and I just couldn't destroy that little sparkle of hope that twinkled in your eye and we made some dye with food coloring and vinegar. Now I don't even know why people buy special egg dye when food coloring works perfectly well. 




Oak pollen levels have been creeping upward, so you guys spend a lot of time playing out in the "nature club" with the next door neighbors. I'm not quite sure what you all exactly do, but you all happily play outside for hours at a time, which is fine by me. 

For Easter, we got together with another family who has children that closely mirror your ages. You guys had a blast playing together and us adults enjoyed a long stretch of mostly uninterrupted conversation time. 1 hour quickly turned into 4 hours and eventually they had to go home for dinner. It was a good reminder of what normal life was.  It was also nice to "check in" to make sure all these weird things that you guys are doing are typical. 


Photo credit for previous 3 pictures: M. Danner

Hailey, I'm glad we have a follow up appointment for you next week. It seems like you are getting a bit more grumpy (especially in the afternoons) and you are constantly telling us that you are hungry. But then when we give you real food, you exclaim, "I want snacks! I don't want [insert meal]" Maybe it's a mental leap, maybe your medication needs to be recalibrated, but I hope we can get it figured out soon. 

Today, Hannah, you came over to me and sheepishly asked if you would be allowed to create a recipe with whatever you want. I think I surprised you when I said "sure" because you got super excited and started to grab all of the ingredients. 



After you cleaned up a spill of about a cup of sugar and a cup of salt (not exaggerating) you got on a roll. This batter ended up having oatmeal, eggs, soy milk, cacao powder, vanilla, mint leaves, flour, sugar and salt. You decided to make crepes with the batter and they turned out pretty good. 

Well, that's about it for now. Until next week, 

Love, 

Mommy 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment