Monday, August 24, 2020

Happy 6th Birthday Hannah! Covid Quarantine 5 Mo. 10 Days #whosCounting

To My Mini-Me,
This post is for you! Hannah, you are a go-with-the-flow, want it all kinda gal and I love you so much! 
Every morning I look forward to seeing what interesting outfit you decide to wear. Most of the time these days, it's a fancy dress, because why not?! But then there are days where you pick a superhero T-shirt with a floral skirt. How fun! 
Hiking in a dress


Taking a birthday walk in a sparkly dress. 

This past week, you turned 6 years old. Since you've been working hard at reading, I decided that you were ready for a scavenger hunt to look for your presents. You were able to reach each of the clues pretty well without too much help, so I'm excited to report that reading is coming along well. As your fluency improves, you are able to not get as frustrated as you used to. 

Homeschool this year is going pretty well, although sometimes you need a little encouragement (point system) to get you started. 
You are very kinesthetic. You love to make things, draw, craft, take things apart (sometimes breaking said item in the process) and explore the world with your hands. I remember you always reaching your little hand out of the shopping cart when we would go to the craft store. You just wanted to feel all the textures! 


You expressed to me that you wanted to be a judge of some sort, so we made cupcakes for your birthday and after dinner, you guys decorated the cupcakes to look like mermaids: Nailed It! style. 




Hailey just added some sprinkles and enjoyed the show as she ate more sprinkles. 






After dinner, we skyped with grandma and grandpa. Hailey kept on kicking you out of your seat so she could steal the spotlight. 



During quiet time, you guys have been interested in coloring books and origami. 

There are still a few trees with persimmons, so one day, us girls took a walk to go pick some persimmons. 

Hannah, for your birthday, you also insisted on us making pies so you could judge which one was the best. I was totally on board with this because like you, I also love to sample different things, so it was a perfect excuse to make lots of pies. 




Daddy made a chocolate pie and I made a pecan pie. Daddy's chocolate pie was your favorite. 



This picture sums up you at the beginning of your 6 journey. 


It's so interesting to see how much we are alike. I see my best and worst qualities in you and I just get it. I need to remember to give you more grace (along with myself). Keep being your awesome self!
Love you so much, 
Mommy 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment