Wednesday, May 23, 2018

To My Pre-School Graduate Who Also Lost a Tooth This Week

Dear Nathan, 
Tomorrow you will be graduating preschool. I think back to your first day of preschool 4 years ago. You were so tiny and you had just started to talk and you are still as active as ever. 


You love Legos and board games. Actually, love would be an understatement...you are obsessed with Legos and board games. Your independent activity of choice is Legos and your activity to do with parent is a board game. And because you want to play "adult games" you are very motivated to read. I had gotten this book "Teach your child to read in 100 lessons." I kind of expected it to be like pulling teeth to go through the lessons, but instead it's the complete opposite. You have to pull my teeth to keep going. One day, you wanted to keep going through 6 lessons. 

You are reading simple 3-4 letter words and I can tell as the lessons are getting more difficult, your interest is waning. Now you only want to do 2 lessons before you want to stop. After a month, we are a little over half way, so I'm thinking we will just stick to 1 lesson a day. 

Recently we have had a chance to hang out with all of your first friends: Birthing group friends 
 and Chinese class "twin." People used to think that you two were twins. I'm sure if we went out now, people could still think the same.
You are also getting to be quite the artist. Your pictures are getting more detailed, and you can color inside the lines! Very impressive. 
 So this week you lost your first tooth. It actually came out on Monday during gymnastics. You were on the bars when you realized that it fell out.
Naturally, the tooth fairy paid you a visit and exchanged your tooth for a dollar and an encouraging letter. 
 Yesterday, to celebrate (and to use up brown bananas) we decided to make banana bread, but this time around, I let you take over the whole process. From measuring out the ingredients, to cracking the eggs and mixing the batter (Hannah helped you with that part) you did it all by yourself. I just retrieved the ingredients for you and told you how much.

While you did that, I got to prep dinner.
 Well, in the end, the banana bread tasted amazing! You both requested to bring it to school. You had an idea to make sandwiches with it, which makes sense because it is called "bread." But we stuck to regular wheat bread.

Well, that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures from graduation. We have a busy summer ahead of us.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment