Thursday, November 12, 2015

Unintentional Farming and the Love of Swings

Dear Nathan and Hannah, 
Remember last week when you guys had so much fun playing with kidney beans? Well, one must have ended up hitch-hiking all the way to the sink because just the other day, Daddy noticed something sticking out of the drain and pulled this out. 

If I only had this much luck with growing plants, we'd all be living out on a farm now. The weather lately has been absolutely beautiful! We have been spending practically every afternoon outside until it gets dark.

You guys are in love with the swings right now. Nathan, you just want to be pushed higher and higher (when last week you didn't want to go any higher than Hannah). And Hannah, you just shake your head vigorously when I ask if you want to get off of the swing.


Hannah also loves going down slides. This week, you've learned to flip yourself onto your belly for the more scarier slides. 

 Another picture of happy Hannah on the swings. We are lucky to have 3 playgrounds within walking distance so we can visit different ones each day.
 This past Saturday, it was a rainy mess, but after being postponed once, our neighborhood decided to go on with our garage sale. We put lots of stuff out, which was very therapeutic and haggled with the steady stream of customers who would come our way. Our staff was very attentive as they did their job of attracting customers in with their loads of cuteness.
We ended up selling about half of our stuff, and cleaned out our garage, which was the best part of the day. We've accumulated quite a few things over the years and since we didn't have a designated spot for things that we've acquired, it just got placed on a shelf somewhere. Now, everything has a spot...for now. 

One evening we invited one of our neighbor friends to come over for dinner so we pulled out the ping pong table. The next day, Hannah and Nathan were all over this thing, wanting to play, so we let them.
 I just love how Hannah's feet are dangling on the step stool.

It got pretty exciting. (Excuse the bad quality pic)
 So if you are the great grandparents who basically log on every Thursday to read the blog, I apologize for it being so late this week. I've been feeling exhausted these past few days due to the kids waking up at 5:30 in the morning (instead of their usual 8). I've been sneaking in naps when I can.

This morning, after sleeping 10 straight hours at night, we were able to get our pictures taken professionally as a family for the first time ever. We all went to our favorite spot, the swings at the Wildflower center. Here's a couple of non-professional pictures taken from my cell phone

 Nathan, you really are quite the sweet boy. For the most part, I can trust you to follow directions. At night, you've been fighting sleep because you are scared of the dark, so we've compromised to let you play in your room with the lights on until you are tired and then you have to turn the light off and go to sleep. So far, you've been holding up your end of the bargain.

This morning after we got home from grocery shopping, I was completely exhausted (not sure if I'm getting sick, it's like I have the flu, but then I don't, it comes and goes). I put all the essential cold items into the fridge and I went to go lay down and rest. After awhile, I heard some plastic bags rustling and I thought, Oh no, what is he doing? And when I walked over to the kitchen, Nathan, you looked over at me and in the sweetest voice said, "See, Mommy, I put the food in the refrigerator for you!"
How did I become so blessed?

Well, that's about all for this week. Until next week!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment