Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Back To School for Nathan

Dear Nathan, 
This morning, I dropped you off at school for your second year of our church's mothers day out program. Here's the picture from last year, compared to the one from this year. While I can't quite figure out what has changed, you definitely look more like a young boy than a baby. You are growing up too fast! 
We went and met your teachers yesterday and afterwards, you told me that they are pretty nice and that you like them. Drop off went pretty smoothly as the teachers had a bunch of paints ready for you guys to use. You too quickly said "bye, Mommy" and just like that, we left. 

Other than the first day of school, lots of other things have happened. I'm just going to talk about them in the order of how the pictures were loaded on. 

But before I begin, I just had to share this adorable moment that I saw while I was preparing dinner one night. 
 The super moon occurred again this past weekend, so on Sunday evening, after church, Daddy got to show Nathan what the moon looks like up close. Nathan was a bit disappointed to not find little aliens driving around on the surface. (These guys are the characters from Kirble Space Program game that you boys sometimes like to play).
 Hannah loves playing with water. Sometimetimes I will even catch you splashing your fingers in Teddy's water bowl.

 Daddy had lasik done on his eyes late last week and before the procedure, we decided to explain to Nathan what was going to happen the next day. I was cooking dinner in the kitchen and I overheard this conversation:
Nathan: Daddy, why you get lasers in your eyes?

Steve: Well, my eyes are broken, so the doctors need to shine lasers in my eyes to fix them.

Nathan: Oh, ok. Will it hurt?

Steve: I think so, but just a little bit. Like a shot. I'll be brave.

[A pause and then suddenly, I hear]

Steve: Hey, stop hammering my eyes!

Nathan apparently had found his plastic hammer and was trying to fix daddy's eyes. How cute!
 It's pretty amazing how every day I see both of you grow closer to each other. Every day Hannah is more able to do what Nathan is doing. For example, when we stopped by the store the other day to pick up a few items, you two were just a hoot, "beeping" your way through the isles.
 You two are just too cute! I can't even stand it! How am I so lucky to be your mom?

We also went to the Thinkery this week. Boy, it was pretty tough keeping up with both of you. While Nathan just wants to do everything right now, Hannah is pretty busy trying to eat all the new things that she found.


Both kids playing...

Hannah decides to kiss herself. 
 And then during story time, Hannah crawled out of my lap to sit up front to listen to the story.
 And so I thought....when I wasn't looking, you made a run for the trains. Luckily, I've been working out and so it was pretty easy for me to catch up to you.

 After story time, we went upstairs to the active kids area. Nathan built an obstacle course, which all of the kids ended up wanting to try out. While I was nursing Hannah, it was pretty neat to see Nathan interact with other children.

 I had to take this picture because Hannah, you had so much sauce in your hair that it was working like a hair gel. Your hair was crazy!
 But then we took a bath and like always, you really enjoyed turning off the lights.
I think that's about it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure I post it next week. I am so proud to be your mom and I am cherishing every moment that I spend with the two of you. I like you two a lot.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment