Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week 41

Dear Children,
When you are finally settled in bed and look down to find a pair of cute googly eyes looking up at you, I'd giggle too.
This was too cute not to snap a picture. Nathan, you were giggling as you said, "Elmo is looking at me!" Of course, this picture doesn't do the original expression justice (I had to run downstairs to get the camera and have you pose for the picture, but I thought that it was really cute.)

After almost a week, we are finally getting over the jet lag and boy, has it been tough! I couldn't have done it without naps and iced coffee. Luckily the rainy streak pretty much ended right after we got home so I was able to get you two out in the sunshine as much as possible to help your circadian rhythms adjust properly.

Nathan is back to the 8-8 sleeping schedule with one afternoon nap from 1:30-3:30 and Hannah is sleeping from 8-6:30 with a 1 hour morning nap and an afternoon nap lasting from about 1-3 or 4. Hannah wakes up 2-3 times a night, which I'm hoping that will decrease soon.

Hannah has been a bit more drooly lately, which means that you are probably going to get your next set of teeth in. So I thought I'd snap one last 2-teeth smile.

 Hannah is not quite cruising, but you have been known to surprise us when we are not looking by pulling up to stand. Big brother is finding all of your new abilities pretty amusing and is interacting with you even more lately.
You love food! It doesn't quite show in this picture, but your favorites this week are honeydew melon and bbq brisket.
This week we have gotten back to the old routine. The weather has been pretty amazing, so we spend each afternoon outside playing. Over this past month, Nathan must have gone through a growth spurt because you are now able to pedal and steer your tricycle. It has become your favorite thing to do.

On Friday, we were able to go over to Nathan's best friend's house. Her mom had a giant refrigerator box out for them to play with and who knew, you guys were busy chasing each other in and out of the box, crashing into each other and just having the best time!

Also, Nathan, you confessed something that I'd like to put down for the record: After reading, "I love You Forever" one thing led to another and we were talking about what it means to be married. I simply explained to you that one day you will find a girl who is smart, beautiful, and nice and will marry her just like I married your Daddy. You then responded with the following question: "I marry Abigail?"

Today, we went to the Wildflower center with a friend and her 15 month old son. The weather was perfect (except under the sun, it got a bit warm) It was cool to witness a range of developmental ages with Hannah at 9 month, Parker at 15, and Nathan at 32. Boy, Nathan, we have come a long way!

I think we will try to go to the pool this afternoon, so I am sure I'll have pics for you guys next week. Until then,
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment