Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Week 20.5 Gender Reveal

 Two nights ago, I had this crazy dream where my new baby was trying to latch on to nurse. The problem was that the baby's mouth was too small (the fact that the baby was in the form of a baby snake didn't bother me, it was that its mouth was to small to latch on). Suddenly, to my relief, it transformed into a prehistoric crustacean. Kind of like this one, but bluish purple with a defined mouth. And with it's massive mouth, latching on was not an issue at all.


Today, we went in for the 20 week ultrasound and to my relief, we have a normal looking baby. Everything checked out and looks good. Nathan was really more interested in the screen saver in the exam room rather than the baby on the screen.

So are you ready for the reveal?



For my crunchy mama friends out there (and Steve), rest assured, no ice cream was used in the creation of this photograph. He's actually eating raspberry frozen greek yogurt with a half of a banana inside the cone. I actually had to edit the photo a bit to make the ice cream appear more pink.

So, my childhood wish of having an older boy and a younger girl has come true. As I think about how quickly these past 20 weeks have gone by, I'm kind of preparing for the hectic life that comes with a newborn. So really, I have 20 more weeks of easy life before I become a sleep deprived zombie once again.

There you have it. Nathan will be a big brother to a little sister in a few months. I'm just excited that there will be another girl in the family. Right now I'm outnumbered 3 to 1 (not including the fish in Nathan's tank, which I'm pretty sure are male since they look very fancy and pretty) so baby girl will even things out a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment