Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The joy of having a 10 month old baby. (For realz!)

Dear Nathan,
Have you noticed the pep in mommy's step? Because I feel great! Since you've been sleeping for longer stretches (8+ hours), I've been able to sleep more too! And the good thing is that you've been pretty consistent about it. Bedtime is no longer the most dreadful part of my day. After your bath, we wind down with some milk, read your favorite story about the little rabbit who waits for the moon, sing your favorite lullaby and then I put you down. You lay quietly for awhile, sometimes talking to yourself, and then just drift off to sleep. You've actually been doing this for at least 2 weeks. I hope you've finally realized/remembered that bedtime is not a scary time and that when you wake, Daddy or I will always be there to play with you. Last night, after putting you down, I checked up on you through the camera.
I don't know what you were looking at, but after a few minutes, you just plopped down and fell asleep.

We've been putting you down between 7:30 and 8:00 and you'll wake up once between 4 and 6 in the morning, nurse, and sleep some more until 7 - 7:30. You'll then take a nap between 10 and 10:30 for about 45 minutes and then another hour long nap starting around 2 in the afternoon. It's been very consistent and predictable. This really makes my life easier.

 You've been super attracted to Teddy's food egg, as you can see, Teddy's reaping the benefits of you doing the work to help him get food. I'm really glad that you don't like Teddy's food. You just like to help him get the food out. You are such a nice boy.
You have pretty much refined your crawl from last week. You are less reluctant to move around and you have this one leg kneeling, one leg straight crawl. I'm kind of thinking that this is going to be your signature crawl. We'll see if it will evolve with time.

With your new mobile skills, you have discovered how to play with the door stop and to pull up to look out the back door. There's a lot of cool things outside to look at. Maybe you will start yelling at squirrels too, like Teddy does.

So, this week I saw one of your friends crawl to the edge of his parents' bed and climb down. I wondered if I could get you to do the same. Since our bed is so high up, I decided to have a very intensive training session with you on the couch. After about 5-10 minutes and a couple of falls, you got it. Now, you can go from this:
To this:

So far, I've let you fall from low places so that you will learn to be more cautious, but you have to know that it's very dangerous when you do things like this:

Unfortunately, I don't have the heart to let you fall from such a height. But trust me, it will be very scary and it may hurt a lot. So, don't do this again, ok?

You are generally a pretty good eater, but your favorite is still pureed chicken and sweet potatoes. You seem to be a bottomless pit when we feed that to you. You can also eat goldfish crackers and you really like them. I think they will be your special treat for when we go grocery shopping. 

I'm having so much fun playing with you. You are such a sweet baby. I love you so much. Until next week! 
Mommy 



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Nathan! Such great growing and learning is happening in your life right now.

    ReplyDelete