Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bullpen Relief

Dear Nathan,

Mommy is training other teachers to be better teachers this week, so I've been taking care of you. It's the first time I've been spending all day with you without any backup.

So far, it's pretty much exactly as mommy described. You get hungry on schedule, but your naps aren't always consistent. Also, we can only take the rotation of playing with blocks, your bouncy chair, singing book, and back to the same toys again before getting bored, so mommy suggested planning activities during the day. You still do just fine in the car as long as the ride isn't more than 30 minutes, so I took you to get my car's safety inspection sticker for the year. Tomorrow I might take you to the pool or playground if it isn't too hot.

Since you still think my glasses are the most interesting thing of all time, I'm trying to be a little stricter with you, and tell you you can't play with them and get finger prints on them. I start out gentle and get a little more serious sounding if you keep doing it. However, you don't seem to be ready for the word "no" yet, and you just laugh at me. Silly Daddy.

You are just a little bit more mobile every week. Your crawl used to only be an army crawl. Lately on tile(not carpet), you sometimes use two arms, and a leg efficiently, but drag the second leg: 
Playing with Teddy's egg again


You are starting to get in a lot more trouble lately now that you can crawl a little bit faster. You are starting to pull things off low shelves, pull at electric cords, and mess with your clock radio. Each time I think to myself, "Is this going to kill him, or should I let him learn a lesson? Will I have to fix anything?"


Aunty Momo got you some really cool blocks to play with that have Chinese characters on them.  As always, you love knocking down towers that I set up:


I think you still must be teething, because you are more irritable than normal during the night.  As I'm typing this, mommy is trying to calm you down so we can all get to bed.  Maybe some ibuprofen will do the trick to ease the pain.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment