Wednesday, June 12, 2013

37 Weeks Old

We've been home for over a week and things are almost getting back to normal. Steve is on his last week of sabbatical so I think it will be weird not to have him around all the time. This week has been a pretty eventful week, with visiting grandparents, and swim lessons.

Nathan is still kind of on California time as far as sleep goes. He's going to bed around 8:30 - 9:30 and waking up for the day at 8:00. I still have to nurse him once around at 4 or 5, but it's a short feed and he's back to sleep. This schedule works pretty well, but I wish he would go to sleep just a bit earlier.

As far as foods goes, Nathan tried Tex-Mex food this week by having boracho beans and chicken. He also tried some homemade chicken tikka masala and absolutely loved that as well. He's starting to do better with finger feeding himself and can get the food into his mouth if it's bigger pieces. He can probably get 1 out of 8 cheerios into his mouth.



Nathan is working on the milestone of cruising and crawling all at the same time. He can kind of do both a little, but not very well. He's also trying to pull himself up on anything he an find. So far he's only successfully done it while holding a stationary arm, but it seems like he's trying to crawl/pull up on everything: pillows, bodies, and even his bath tub. He can also pick up a cup and drink from it. He's actually been practicing that skill in the bath tub. One day he picked up a toy and started to pretend drink from it.

When the grandparents were here, we went hiking at Spicewood Springs. Nathan enjoyed sticking his toes into the cool spring water.

On Monday, Nathan started his Starfish I swim class. It is definitely not one of those hard core classes where you throw your baby in to teach them to swim. We pretty much hold our babies in different positions and walk around in a circle singing songs. At one point, we dunk the babies in the water to help them learn to hold their breath. Nathan is starting to get the hang of it and will preemptively hold his breath before I dunk him, which is pretty cool. Here's a picture of Nathan and his friends after today's class. I think he's a bit fussy because his friends are fighting over his sippy cup. 

Also, here is a list of things that I think Nathan did intentionally. These things also could've been coincidences, but I thought I would document them here. 
  • gave me high five
  • said "Teddy"
  • gave me fist bumps
  • showed me the sign for milk
  • turned towards me and gave me a hug
  • turned to give me a kiss after I said "ching ching" (chinese for kiss)
  • turned away from me when I said "ching ching"



No comments:

Post a Comment