Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Another Tooth Emerges @ Week 29

Dear Hailey, 
This week I have reached the height of my zombie state. We have a busy few days ahead of us and all I want to do is sleep. I've been going to bed earlier than I have ever been since I was in elementary and during the day, I just want to lay my head down and rest. But alas, last night, you slept pretty well, giving me a 3 hour stretch and then an almost 4 hour one, so today I am less of a zombie. 

Compared to Nathan and Hannah, you are a lighter sleeper, and so you really need it to be quiet while you slumber, otherwise, it ends up being a short nap. 

You are the most mobile of the 3 kids. I usually put you down with your head facing away from the camera, but you sometimes end up on the opposite side of the bed.

And you also will sleep in weird positions, like with your legs up on the rails, or in between the slats. Nathan freaked out when that happened, and I don't remember ever having to rescue Hannah legs from crib rails.
You've been having rough nights for the past few nights, waking up after sleeping for only an hour or two (when you used to go at least 3). Just when I thought that I was doomed, Nathan discovered that a new tooth had emerged. This was just today, and tonight you are still asleep after 3 hours.

I actually have been stressing out about the amount of sleep you were getting, almost ordering a sleep book from Amazon in the middle of the night. (Which I have learned to always wait until morning before I hit the "purchase" button, because 99% of the time, I end up deleting it from my cart).

You still haven't reached the 14 pound mark, so I'm hoping now that this teething bout is over for now, you will sleep better and possibly grow better. Yesterday and today, I noticed that you've just been a happier and chattier baby. It's almost like someone swapped you out. I pray that things start to look better in the area of sleep.


Dear Nathan and Hannah,
The weather has been wonderful, but since I was trying to make sure Hailey was not getting overtired, and sleeping badly, we've been home most of the time. Last week, a friend told me about a Poke restaurant that opened up, so I went by myself during the week. On Saturday, Hannah went with me to the gym and I figured that you would love it, so we went and you built your own poke bowl, seaweed sprinkles and all. You were not a big fan of the seaweed salad, but slowly worked on the bowl throughout the day. (Which is what happens when I let you have your mochi ice cream dessert before the actual meal.)

One of the fun things we did this week was wash my car. While Hailey was napping, we went out, turned the hoses on, poured some soapy water into a bucket and scrubbed away.
I loved hearing you both laugh and shriek with joy when some water would splash on you.
Oh, and Hannah also earned a leotard. Last week I pretty much had it with the wetting of the undies. For months, I have been very chill about it, simply requiring you to clean up your mess and change into new clothes. I don't yell, I don't lecture, but you were still having accidents almost every day. The frustrating part would be that I would see you do the "potty dance," ask you if you needed to go, you would think about it, and say, "No" but then a few minutes later, have an accident.

At first I decided I would get you a book as a reward, like I did with Nathan, and I picked out a different version of a book that you both really enjoyed from the library. But then that day, as I was picking you up from gymnastics, I noticed that they had restocked the leotards, which you always ask me to buy when we walk past them. *Ding* an idea popped into my head and I quickly took you inside to pick out one that you would like.

We went home, I made a chart and told you that every time you go potty on your own, you get a stamp. Just like that, on day 1, you had no accidents. (Except for the time you had an accident in your car seat, but you were asleep, so I won't count that) 2 days, 3 days, and 6 days later, you filled up your chart and you managed to keep your undies dry for almost a week.

So, today, you got to wear your leotard to gymnastics class. (It's backwards in the pic below). 

I have decided to reward you with the book, "26 Princesses" after you keep your undies dry for 26 days.  Hopefully by then, it will be a habit and you will then be considered "fully potty trained."

Well, that's about it for now. I'm headed to bed!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment