Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Enjoying the Weather as a Family of 4

Dear Nathan and Hannah,
Even though you two have been attending gymnastics pre-school for 2 weeks, last Thursday was your first day back at Bethany. We took the obligatory front door first day of school pictures. 
 And for your viewing pleasure, this was from last year. Both of you seem to really enjoy your time at school. Both of you don't know any names of the kids in your class yet, but you seem to describe your friends as (for example) the "girl with the Elsa backpack."


Wow, we've had amazing weather this past week, but the temperatures are starting to creep back up. We took advantage of the cooler weather without allergies and spent lots of time outside. 

While taking Teddy on a walk, Hannah wanted to go check out the creek behind our house. Last time it rained hard, the creek was flowing and we could splash around, but 2 weeks after the hurricane has left it dry once again. Hannah definitely has the outdoor explorer gene while Nathan is a bit more timid when it comes to being outside and exploring. 
 Eventually Hannah convince Nathan to climb down and you both decided to go through the storm drain to see what was on the other side. For security, you both held hands.
 My heart just melted, I simply had to take these sweet pictures of you two exploring together.
 On Saturday, we visited San Marcos's Flying Armadillo disc golf course. It was a totally fun experience and I'm glad both of your enjoyed it in your own little way.

What makes this course special is that it is extremely kid friendly. The holes are shorter and there are lots of fun things to see along the way. For example, at hole 1, there's a dinosaur sculpture.
 The idea of throwing a disc towards a basket was interesting to Hannah for about 2 holes, and then you decided to not play anymore and just explore, which was totally OK.

 There were plenty of swings for you to rest your legs along the way. Hannah loves swings.
 After awhile, Nathan, you started to get some air with your drives. You totally enjoyed the whole experience. In fact, after going 18 holes, you wanted to do a few of the adult ones with Daddy. I'm pretty sure if hunger was not setting in, you could've finished those 18 holes as well.
 Here's another example of a cool basket set-up.
 After spending a little over 2 hours at the course, we headed out to lunch and then made a quick visit to what used to be the Aquarena Center. There's lots of construction going on by the campus, so it was a bit weird to see all the changes.
 At gymnastic school, there's a pretty big focus on arts and crafts. Nathan, you brought home probably the best picture that you drew in your life! It's a race car with thunderbolts on the wheels. I even joked with you about how it can be a transformer because if you look at it one way, it looks like a vehicle, and flipped upside down, it looks like a robot bird. You totally got a kick out of it.
 I love how our front yard gets shade in the afternoon. While the mosquitos are pretty bad right now, we all loaded up on the bug spray and hung out outside for awhile. You guys really love creating obstacle courses with the chalk and I was able to see you all use your newly acquired gymnastic skills as you completed the course. I'm especially impressed with the beginning stages of a cart wheel.
 Hannah has gained an interest in seashells lately. Before bed every night, you want to look and sort different shells in my collection. As a result, Nathan has kind of joined in and become interested too. I've put on hold a few sea shell books and we can hopefully spend some time exploring them next week when the books become available.
Baby Update: Approaching week 39.
Well, this baby is enjoying her time in the womb, which don't get me wrong, I am totally OK with it. In fact, if baby Ketchup (what the kids want to name the baby) can stay in for 6  more days, until my mom arrives, that would totally be optimal.

I guess since both Hannah and Nathan came at 38 weeks, I never really got to the point of just being uncomfortably big. I can't sit comfortably, getting up requires some extra momentum from the motion of my hands, and I pretty much roll around a lot.

I was able to go to body pump yesterday and complete the workout with a lighter set of weights, but I'm going to skip out on Zumba because moving around is getting a bit uncomfortable.

Instead nesting has kicked in this morning and with the kids being at school, I have cleaned the whole downstairs. (Upstairs is where the kids have their toys, so I'm not going to even attempt that). We have washed the car seat covers, and set up the changing table in our bedroom. If baby Ketchup were to come today, we would be ready for her.

After playing some disc golf this past weekend, I was getting some pretty strong hot flashes around my head/neck followed by stronger Braxton Hicks contractions. Steve became a bit worried that we would have the baby Ketchup on the golf course, but thankfully we didn't.

I have a feeling that my next post will be a "meet the baby" post. I can't believe it. In just a few days I will be meeting the little girl who has been sticking her foot into the side of my torso (which is the most weird feeling ever).
Yep, this little foot is the culprit! 
I guess that's it for now. Until next week! 
Love,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment