Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pregnancy Week 17: Easter Egg Extravaganzas

Today marks week 17 and some change with Honey Bun #3. (S)he is about the size of a pomegranate and according to the midwife is pretty active in the uterus. We have our anatomy scan next week, so we will then get to see Baby 3 for the first time and find out whether we have have another mei mei (little sister) or didi (little brother). I think we are going to keep the secret from the kiddos a bit longer and break the news to Hannah and Nathan with some colored silly string. So, while we will find out by next week's post, I'll leave you, the reader in suspense for just one more so you can see for yourself if we will be having another prince or princess. (If I still had it my way, I'd prefer it to be a surprise, but Daddy does not want to come up with another name, and logistically, this makes things easier as far as getting rid of unnecessary stuff in the house, so I threw in the towel and we will find out our surprise early.) 

I'm feeling pretty good, still have some post nasal drip, which leads to a ticklish cough and some coughing fits at night, but I'll take it over being congested. When I have lots of sugar/glucose, it makes me very lethargic. I gave in to a few temptations over the weekend and discovered the after effects later. So, I'm thinking I'm not going to be able to escape the gestational diabetes this time around either. 

My blood test results indicated that my thyroid hormones, though still on the low side, are slowly creeping up. My HCG levels are still on the high side for this point in the pregnancy, so the endocrinologist is pretty sure that HCG is the culprit for all the crazy symptoms. This is extremely good news. 

Dear Nathan and Hannah, 
I love Easter time. The weather is amazing and since this year, it fell on a later part of the year, we missed the Oak pollen season and were able to spend a lot of it outside sniffle-free. We dyed Easter eggs, which turned out really cool!  



Who knew vinegar, food coloring and water, along with some crayons could make such cool looking eggs.
We had a chance to visit the playgrounds that we haven't visited in quite a long time.
 And found wild blackberries during our afternoon walks. Our garden is growing lushly and we are starting to see some tomatoes, peppers and asparagus ferns start to grow. It's an exciting time!
I want to take a moment to tell you two how much I appreciate you. Sometimes I feel like I've lost my ability to contribute to society; that I'm living each day, going through the same routines and simply being a housewife. But I've come to realize that you two are who I am passionately in love with. To spend time with you, to teach you, to grow with you has been such a rewarding journey.

With the coming of the new baby, it seems like you two have really come to be closer to each other, like you are a team. Sure, you have your moments where you are on the brink of murdering each other, but I'm starting to see more moments like these, where you two are really communicating and embracing each others' feelings, and thoughts.

Both of you were sent to time out. You both picked the same chair and as I was waiting for an argument to break out, I heard some endearing words and then an embrace. I didn't insist that you separate for the duration of the time out because it was such a sweet moment. 
 And then another afternoon, I was so tired that I just laid down on the couch to rest and ended up falling asleep for 30 minutes. When I woke up, you two were just sitting at the dinner table playing games. I guess at some point, Hannah lost interest and was "reading" the instructions like a story, but it just warmed my heart to see you two laughing and Nathan trying to teach Hannah what to do so that you could win the game.
 And then Easter weekend came around and we went to Easter egg hunt #3: The neighborhood hunt. (#1 and #2 took place at a party, and school, respectively).

 Since we each contributed 12 eggs per kid, we told you both that you can pick up 12 eggs. Well, at the end of the hunt, Nathan only counted 11 eggs and was determined to find the 12th one. There were several moments where you ran away from us, and luckily it was contained in a relatively small area, but we had to search for you.
 Easter Egg Hunt #4. Church.
Our church puts on the most amazing Easter Celebration. Nathan took some pictures with the Easter bunny.
 Played some games in the inflatables,

 And Hannah got to pet some animals: a bunny, a chick, a guinnea pig (which you did not like at all), and another bunny.

 We participated in the never ending Easter egg hunt and Hannah quickly found the limitations to how many eggs your basket could hold.
 Nathan was able to fit 25 eggs in your vest all by yourself.
 And you both got a chance to experience a blue tongue.
 This is the first year I prepared Easter "baskets" for you and I tried to tie the presents into the actual meaning of Easter, but you can't compete with sugar and toys.
 On Sunday morning, we attended church and you guys started dancing at the perimeter of the seats. Usually, there's a toddler mosh pit at the base of the stage, but since one didn't form organically, we just started a mini one on the side.
After church, we went to a friend's house for lunch and Easter egg hunt #5. I didn't get any pictures because I left my camera at home, but you guys had a lot of fun, so much fun that Nathan started to cry when I announced that it was time to leave. I was pretty proud of my advice to you about how right now, parties all have to end at some time, but when we go to heaven, we can party all the time. That seemed to placate you and maybe helped you (and myself) understand heaven just a tiny bit more.

In life we are broken people. We get angry, we throw tantrums, we don't want to be patient; but because Christ rose from the dead, he knows and understands our brokenness. He forgives us and allows us to have everlasting life: a party that never has to end.

I love you two so much. Until next week,
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment