Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Just another mild Texas winter and Hannah's Potty Training Progress

Dear Nathan and Hannah, 
I can believe how amazing the weather has been lately. With the nasal sprays we've been able to keep Cedar allergies manageable. We finally got around to planting all the plants that we bought from the wildflower center in the fall. They don't look that great, but hopefully their new home will help revive them back to health. 
Hannah has recently shown interest in dresses. You particularly love this green dress. You put this on and you instantly transform into this little twirly girly girl. It's adorable.
 Since we are leaving for Taiwan soon, I've been trying to get you guys to walk more. So, I found that you guys will walk without complaining basically forever if you both are pushing babies.
 We take all the long-cuts and take several detours to extend the length of our walk.
 This Saturday, we had a few friends come over and we went to the wildflower to spend the morning. Again, I had you guys walk as much as possible.
 And this week Hannah has made significant gains as far as potty training goes. You have been able to stay dry if I take you potty at least every 75 minutes. On Friday, you started to actually tell us when you need to go. So, in celebration, we went to Target and you got to pick out your own set of undies! Between Peppa pig, frozen, and super heroines. As you can see from the pic below, this is what you picked.
I think I have to give your teachers credit for helping it finally click for you. On Wednesday, you came home with the same dry diaper that I sent you with. And later that day, you told me that you "catch the pee pee with the potty," not your diaper. And then I added on, yes. When your tummy feels full, you need to tell mommy that you need to go pee pee and you catch the pee pee in the potty. Do you catch the pee pee in your diaper? And then you said very cautiously, "No!"

Thursday, I didn't think too much of it, but on Friday, after you've been sleeping in on all the naps and in the mornings, I think you had a mental leap and finally understand what it feels like when your bladder is full. Ever since, you've been doing a great job and keeping things dry (except when we were gardening yesterday and you had an accident while playing in the sprinklers as I was testing them out.

When I walked into class yesterday to drop you off, I told the teachers the following,
"You guys told Hannah something last week..." which got their attention really quick, "that she should catch her pee pee in the potty and not her diaper, well, that must have helped the idea click in her head because she can now tell when she needs to go." You could tell that there was a sense of relief on their faces. Maybe next time I shouldn't barge in and start a conversation with the words that I used.

Well, this week is a short post. I've got lots of things to get ready before we leave. We only have 2 more weeks before we leave for Taiwan! So exciting!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment