Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hannah is 23 months!

Dear Kids,
 Last week I didn't get to make a post because I was up in North Dakota all by myself for almost a week. Initially, I thought it was going to be glorious, peaceful and pretty much amazing, but just after my first flight out, while sitting at the airport food court, I realized how much joy and interest you two bring to my life. I never thought I'd miss the constant stream of questions from Nathan and Hannah's whiny screams; but, I did.

Auntie Momo came and played with you guys while I was away and you guys did pretty much what we normally do. Auntie Momo did lots of crafts with Nathan and she learned a lot about the temper tantrums of a toddler.

I think overall, you guys adjusted pretty well, with Hannah asking for me every so often. We got to skype and when I walked through the front door, both of you had this "I can't believe its Mommy" look frozen on your face for a moment, and then you two shrieked as you ran towards me for a big hug.

While I was away, Hannah picked up even more multi-word phrases. "Read this," "Play with me." "What is that?"

Nathan hasn't changed too much, but yesterday, you were able to do a flip in the pool. You held my hand, climbed up my trunk with your feet and flipped backwards in the pool! I was amazed! And then you went to the ledge at the edge of the pool and did a front flip in the water! You only did each once. I'm not sure if you got water in your nose or anything, but they were pretty cool tricks.

Today, I'm officially starting the potty training process with Hannah. We've had 3 accidents so far, with the last one right before nap time, and you announcing "pee-pee" moments before you started to "go." Progress. I'll post next week about how it all worked out.

Well, I can't believe it that this week Hannah is about the same age as Nathan when our family went from 3.5 - 4.5. Daddy and I both feel like Nathan was more mature, but looking back at the blog, you guys are pretty much parallel, except Hannah is speaking a bit more.

We are probably not going to do a big birthday party for you guys this year, just a small one with family. Still trying to figure out whether or not to celebrate every odd birthday with a big party for each of you, or just stagger it so that there is a party every year, but a big one for each, every other year. This year Hannah, next year, Nathan, etc. I really like planning parties, but Daddy and I both feel like we don't need to go big every year.

Well, I appologize for no pictures this week. We'll make up for it next week.

Love,
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment