Thursday, February 11, 2016

Havlir House is Back to Health

Dear Hannah,
How did I end up so lucky with such a sweet girl? You are curious, you follow directions, and you are definitely not afraid of heights. Recently, you've started to sing more and more to yourself, while we are walking, and you will point to the radio or my phone and dance to show that you want to listen to music. I think you've got my genes for loving music.

We've been stuck at home for the past week due to illness. Luckily, your symptoms were mild, but Nathan faced the worse cold (possibly flu) in his life. During this week, I pulled out all of the pinterest activities just because we were just running out of new things to do.

This activity with the pipe cleaners was a bigger hit with you than with Nathan. Nathan maybe liked to poke 1-2 pipe cleaners in, but you did 4 before you started to lose interest. In fact, in this picture, you are multi-tasking: eating cheerios and working on your fine motor skills.
                                    
 And here is your oh so lovely "cheese" face. You actually will request that I take pictures of you at random times by pointing at my phone or camera and saying "cheese!"
 You've also become a master at begging for food. In this picture, you found the colander that I use to wash berries with and you walked up to me, holding it up, saying, "boobooies?"

How can you say no to this face????
 Yesterday when Daddy took Nathan out on a bike ride, you communicated that you wanted to wear a helmet too, so I handed you my derby one and snapped a few pictures. Maybe one day, you'll be a derby brat.

 One of the toys that I brought out, thinking that it would be too advanced for you is the cutting food kit. Oh wow, it is like your. favorite. thing. to. do.

 The weather here lately has been absolutely beautiful. We are talking about 60-70 degree afternoons, clear skies, slight breeze. And now that you guys are cleared of sickness, we've been venturing out into public a bit more. Today, you and I grabbed a free chicken biscuit from chick-fil-a, and had a mini picnic at the wildflower center. It was super nice to just be able to focus on exploring the center with you. We walked at your pace, touched what you wanted to feel, and wandered towards whatever direction interested you.
 And then we went to your favorite spot at the swings. You wanted to try all the swings. After a few swings on one, you would point to another one, try that one, and point to the next one down the line. You actually do this with water fountains too. You are just getting the most out of the world!

Dear Nathan, 
I am so glad that you are finally starting to feel better. After several days of severe coughing bouts, congestion and a few days of fever, you were simply a miserable little boy. But you are back to yourself again and I'm so glad. 

Monday was Chinese New year and our friend sent me a link for a cute lantern craft that we all made together. Both of you were very proud of your work! I remember the days when I was a kid, and we would walk around carefully with our brand new paper lanterns during the lantern festival days. 


 We also made our final observations of the crystal. It's actually started to grow a new one on the side of the cup and still growing as we speak.


One day, we managed to make a quick trip to costco for some milk and of course, ended up with a cart full of other "needs." I'm glad I accepted the box that they offered because it kept both of you busy as I unloaded, re-packaged the goods, and cooked lunch. 

 Among the stuff that I got at Costco was a gigantic tub of peeled garlic. I was starting to feel a bit sick on Friday, so I ate a few slices of raw garlic, slept as much as I could and I think it chased away the cold. My breath reeked for 2 days or so, but I'll take stinky breath over sickness any day.
 Yesterday morning, we went to the playground to play for a bit. You guys played pretty well and Nathan is starting to understand what it really means to watch out for Hannah.
 And then, we went to storytime at the library. While waiting for it to start, I glance over at you and I noticed that your pants legs were up to your knees. Have you had a growth spurt lately? I guess time to get more pants.
 The thing I love about our storytime is that they have a craft at the end of the stories. Here, you are making a love bug.
 We also went to visit Daddy at AMD yesterday for lunch. They have a pretty cool arcade close to the cafeteria, so we always go there and wait for Daddy. You were actually able to score points at the skee-ball machine. In the past, your throws would either barely make it to the targets, or simply roll back towards you. Top score: 120. Not bad.

Potty is still a hit and miss some days. You really will just not go by yourself. We constantly have to remind you to go. I've pulled out one more stunt: Roller skates. We got you your very own pair and after a day of keeping your undies dry, you can practice in the afternoon. So far it's been 2 days and it's kept you pretty motivated. Still have to remind you, but if you are just wandering around with nothing to do, you will remember to go to the bathroom.  Well, that's about it for now.

Love, 
Mommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment