Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 90.30

Dear Nathan,
Can you believe it, you will be meeting your little sister in about 8-10 weeks! It wasn't until I was sorting through the girl clothes that I received from your cousins when it finally hit me. There's going to be another girl in the family! 

I've been doing a lot of preliminary research on what a hospital birth would be like and what to expect. I finally get to talk with the doctor on Monday, so hopefully by then, my mind will be put more at ease. I better start jotting down my questions so that I can remember to ask them all at the appointment. This baby brain has my mind scattered all over the place.

We've made lots of progress on the nursery this week. On Friday, I went to a friend's house and we both painted pieces of art for our up and coming little ones. We both ended up using a gray and aqua color scheme and all the paintings turned out beautifully.

I am also in the process of buying a set of drawers off of craigslist. I plan to sand it down and repaint it in a lighter shade of aqua than in the pictures. I was debating etween white or aqua (or even gray) and decided to have a pop of color. I'll post before and after pictures when I am finished.

Since the last time I posted a bump picture was around 20 weeks, I decided to post another one at around 30. You are starting to become more aware that there's a baby in my belly area. I think it became more real to you when you started to feel your little sister kick and punch inside. You will sweetly rub my belly and when we ask you where is the baby? You point to my stomach.
Week 29.5 (Almost 30 weeks)
 We had a pretty severe storm this week. Lots of neighbors' fences got knocked down. The top of one of our trees broke off and tumbled onto our driveway. You slept soundly through all of the thunder, lightning, and wind.

A new favorite toy for you is the headlamp. You like bringing it into the bathroom and making shadows on the walls with it. And yes, you are sitting on our bed without a diaper. This past week I've been having you go sans diaper whenever we are at home (without guests). You are starting to understand that a soiled diaper does not feel good and you prefer the feel of going comando. Most of the time I have you wear underwear, and you are slowly getting the hang of pulling it off.

You must have also gone through a growth spurt this past week. You have been ravenous. The other day we were at Costco and got a foot-long hot dog. You ate 11 inches of the hot dog. Sometimes you are so hungry that you just want me to feed you because it goes faster that way.
However, this has changed the past 2 days. You are back to eating very little. (Although you did eat a lot of the quinoa salad that I made last night). Nonetheless, you are still eating a lot of variety, and I'm ok with that.

New words this week include "bao" (to pick up and hold) "bei" to carry on back, "dao" (shortened sound for knife, dao zi). You also do a cute motor imitation to let us know that you would like a smoothie. Just this week you have also started to initiate "hi" with random people that you see. This has occurred both at church and during walks.

Another cool thing that I realized that you could do is that you recognize the letter A. A few days ago, you pointed at an "A" on my shirt and said "Ay" I passed it off as a coincidence and praised you for it anyways. Then, a few days later, we were making a father's day card for daddy and as I was drawing the bubble letter "A" you also said "A" and then each time I drew the "A" again, you would repeat it. That's kind of cool.

Well, that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have lots to post about after the doctor's visit next week. Until then, I love you lots!

Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment